• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gremlin bells?

Dog

I ordered a pair of gloves from foxcreek leather and they sent me one. I attached it to my beagle's collar and she LOVES it. But superstitious people amuse me to no end.

I always thought they were the motorcycle equivelent of the rubber strap my father dragged behind his trucks 'to reduce static electricity from building up".

I think those are actually required equipment in certain countries. They look like a rubber strap, but have a metal component in them so yeah they do create a ground.

I used to work at an airport doing refulling of aircraft, and aircraft refuelling trucks have ground cables on them, 2 of them actually, one goes to an earth source, just as a tiedown lug in the ground, the other goes to a ground point on the aircraft, on small ones we usually used the tiedown lug under the wing, on larger ones (I commonly refuelled DC9's, 727s, 737s, etc) there would either be a designated point or if not a bolt on the landing gear was fine. We were routinely monitored to make sure we were doing this. So there is some merit to the grounding strap dragging on the ground.

I thought the tradition was that you couldn't buy one for yourself...they had to be given to you.

None for me, thank you!!

That's what I've always heard as well.

And why I'm in the group with Voni & Layton,...mine was given too me by a friend :) as a true good-will gesture , so it is on my Roadster.

Can't hurt! and besides the only negative would be sum-a-u-all laughin' at me...I can take it..........:thumb

Is there a country/western song about these bells yet?

Recalling one mentioning statue on dashboard.

My wife game me one and it is proudly hanging on my GS. If you still have the ON from the rally in Canada you can see it hanging on my R1100GS under the left side of the Aeroflow screen. I got one for her that she has hanging on her Honda Aero. They're fun. Some of you need to chill out.

I heard it has to be a gift in order to work properly.

If a pirate gave me one I'd accept it graciously.

Same here I guess.

When I played junior hockey, (goalie no less!) I had an unbelievable amount of superstitions. So, I guess it couldn't hurt to have a bell on the bike!;)

My wife gifted mine to me. I've had it on every bike except my current one. I haven't found a good place to hang it from yet.

Nah, those are mounted on the sides of my helmet.

Tried that - doesn't work well.

Rabbit's foot on the left and four-leaf clover on other side keep flopping around and blocking the airflow. :dunno

I'll stick with the horseshoe I welded to my sidestand plate.

PS: We are the highest-evolved life form on the planet, right?!

My wife gave me one a few years ago, I really don't have anywhere to hang it on my LT, it is not very aerodynamic, so it is tucked away in my top case. I can't really put belief in it but it was a gift and if it gives her piece of mind while I am out riding days at a time it is worth it. If she gave me reflective turd sticker for luck, I would stick it on my bike just for her. (only because it's reflective)
Then I hope it helps with that final drive too.:thumb

Back