• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hwy. 14 in Arkansas

roostershooter

motorcycle cowboy
Anyone ridden this road? I'm considering this route from Payneway to Omaha, AR. I'm taking the long way into Sedalia.

It's a winner. :thumb Road that ride probably 100 times. It'll work for Ya. If you come back that way be sure to come back thru Potum, Mo. on Hiway 125 and run the ferry to Peel, Ar. The last ferry in Ar. Ride and enjoy. :dance

14 is a nice road.
If you have time, run up 341 and back before continuing north on 14. 341 is east of Big Flat and is know as Push Mt. Road.

The area in and around the White River, Buffalo River, Greers Ferry Lake, and Ozark National Forrest has some very intertaining roads. It doesn't have the higher peaks of the more western mountains of the Ozarks, Bosten and Ouachita areas, so this area tends to get overlooked. Highway's 9 and 5 are entertaining. I really like 9 from Mt. View to Melbourne and 58 that runs down to Guion on both sides of the White River. Another neat stretch is 263 south of Prim to Greers Ferry Lake. Now I want to load up and head over there and ride, then ride over to the National. I need to do less texting and spend more time riding.

The area in and around the White River, Buffalo River, Greers Ferry Lake, and Ozark National Forrest has some very intertaining roads. It doesn't have the higher peaks of the more western mountains of the Ozarks, Bosten and Ouachita areas, so this area tends to get overlooked. Highway's 9 and 5 are entertaining. I really like 9 from Mt. View to Melbourne and 58 that runs down to Guion on both sides of the White River. Another neat stretch is 263 south of Prim to Greers Ferry Lake. Now I want to load up and head over there and ride, then ride over to the National. I need to do less texting and spend more time riding.

I've marked those for future adventures. Thanks. My tenative plan is to make a quick exit out of Tennessee:)heart) on Tuesday and head to Lake Poinsett S.P. for the night. I plan on riding 14 all the way to Yellville and head to Withrow Springs S.P. for Wednesday night. I do have some deviations planned as time allows. Wednesday will find me entering Oklahoma as well as Kansas and then into Sedalia.

I'm not trying to mess up your ride. But, I do have one more suggestion. Check out Hiway 16. Pick it up at Searcy, Ar. and follow it west/northwest. Thru Greer Ferry Lake then winding west in a meandering fashion all over the Ozarks. This is really probably the best unknown road in Arkansas. Hooks up with the famous Scenic 7, then rambles west/northest to the south side of Fayettville then on over to Siloam Springs, which borders Ok. You can also get off 16 and head up to Withrow Springs on 21, So many roads so little time, it really never ends. Whichever route you take to Sedalia, I think the roads in Ar. will be the ones you remember. :thumb

I'm not trying to mess up your ride. But, I do have one more suggestion. Check out Hiway 16. Pick it up at Searcy, Ar. and follow it west/northwest. Thru Greer Ferry Lake then winding west in a meandering fashion all over the Ozarks. This is really probably the best unknown road in Arkansas. Hooks up with the famous Scenic 7, then rambles west/northest to the south side of Fayettville then on over to Siloam Springs, which borders Ok. You can also get off 16 and head up to Withrow Springs on 21, So many roads so little time, it really never ends. Whichever route you take to Sedalia, I think the roads in Ar. will be the ones you remember. :thumb

+1 on Hwy 16.
We've gone to Arkansas the last five years in Oct. and we always hit 16.

I picked up hwy. 16 at Greers Ferry. It proved to be a very entertaining road to travel. Lots of curves and elevation changes.:clap Traffic was very light and oft times I was the only vehicle in sight. This was home for my second night on the road at Withrow Springs State Park. Thanks for your suggestion.

Attachments

• withrow.jpg
    withrow.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 68
In traveling from Copperas Cove, TX to Sedalia I was advised to take Rt 7 in AR. If Rt 14 is as good or better than Rt 7 I will have to return to AR and check it out. Feedback from those that post on this forum is used by me when traveling cross country. I get great satisfaction from riding 2 lane highways through out this country. The scenery is great, the traffic light, and the local eateries usually much better than those found along super slabs. Ride Safe

Coming north out of Texas heading to Mo. to the National riding 7 makes since as it basically runs north/south. 2bikemike was coming from the east, so 14 and 16 made since for him. 7 is an outstanding highway, the only real problem is that it is well known to bike riders , car and motor home tourist, etc; so alot of the time your in a caravan of cars, trucks, and motor homes. His operative statement was that most of the time he was the only vehicle in sight pretty much says it all. Sweet 16 is one fine ride, Searcy to Siloam Springs. And on top of that there are many great roads that cross it for an endless array of optional excellent rides. Arkansas is a Natural. :wave

Back