• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ldc comfort products

rhood1960

Anyone had any experience with ldc underwear or helmet liners?kinda pricey but good reviews.just got a new Rick Mayer seat and love it but have to do something in the under wear department crowding my junk on long rides

LD Comfort

I've got the underwear, long sleeved shirt, and helmet liner. They have worked great so far. I rode an Iron Butt Saddlesore for 1051 miles and several other rides with temps ranging from 45-105. I'll be ordering more gear from them in the future.

If you asked the same question of Iron Butt Rally finishers you would find that almost all of them wear LD Comfort shorts and other garments.

I love the LD comfort shorts. That's all I rode in the saddle on a month long cross country trip. You can wash them in a motel sink, roll them up in a towel, step on them to squeeze the water out, then hang them up. They'll be clean and dry by morning. Two pair will take you anywhere.

The only thing better is no underwear

LDC shorts, tights, long and short sleeve tops used under the Darien or the BMW gear and a helmet liner under the Shoei.
Great product and Mario (owner) may answer the phone when you call!
:thumb

I've looked at those but they seem like bicycle shorts without the pads for double the price. I've always had very good luck with cycling shorts, including 540 miles, much of it in triple digit heat, last Saturday.

LD Comfort

You won't be a believer until you try them, then you'll nothing else. I was skeptical as well.

Bought the tights a couple of years ago at Redmond, and other than commuting to work, they are the ONLY thing I wear under my gear. At the end of the days ride I jump in the shower with them on, wash them up, rinse them, roll them in a towel after and they are nice and dry in the morning for the next day. Even the hottest days the tights make it more comfortable than anything else I've tried, and I tried bicycle short, under armour, etc. Going for a shirt this year.

My only beef with the tights is they are WAY too long and I'm too lazy to get them shortened. (5'11", 32 inseam) If they had calf length, I'd grab a pair of them in a heartbeat.

Bloomsburg

I was desperate in Bloomsburg. I grew up working in tobacco fields; but that heat had me looking for anything that would give me relief. I bought the shorts, short sleeve top and helmet liner. It was a wise choice.

Most of our long distance riding buddies wear LD Gear, seeing the demonstration at the rally made a believer out of me!

Then you can have black underwear washing parties!

OK, there might have been Tuaca involved!

LD Comfort

I subscribe to the long pant liner and the long sleeve shirt. I find this is a very comfortable combination - works well in the winter with heated jacket liner over the torso, and works well in the summer to maintain some semblance of coolness when riding at speed. The water down the sleeves and back trick is a great way to increase the cooling effect of the LD gear.

Mario is also a long distance rider and understands well what we need. I also like the helmet liner that I use on and off during rallying. :)

+ whatever on LDC. Sometimes I'll leave for a ride and not have them on (the short-term memory is the first thing to go..) and regret it. Any ride over about 30 minutes deserves putting them on. Not having seams in the seating area makes all the difference for me.

They also make excellent swim trunks if you happen to check into a motel with a pool in really hot weather and forgot your swim suit. No one will even notice them (as long as the dog-house stays closed.)

It's one of those products that REALLY REALLY WORKS!

I tried bike shorts, with the padding, felt very uncomfortable to me, as if I'd.. ummm.. crapped my shorts - well, you know what I mean. (DAMHIKT, I just do..)

My only beef with the tights is they are WAY too long and I'm too lazy to get them shortened. (5'11", 32 inseam) If they had calf length, I'd grab a pair of them in a heartbeat.

I have 2 pair of the shorts and a pair of tights. Being of limited inseam, they are all too long. I just cut them off to the length I want with a pair of scissors. No unravelling or fraying ... good to go.:)

Just got back from a 6650 mile trip out west on my GS. I used the LDC, Under Armor Heat Gear, and Wal-Mart "Starter" brand undies. The LDC are the hottest of the group. The Under Armor and Starter were about even as far as the heat goes. They were both much cooler than the LDC. The Starter brand felt the most comfortable and pulled the moisture from my backside the best. The LDC felt clamy every time I wore them. All wash easily at the motels. The Starters dried the fastest. LDC $50 a pair. Under Armor $24 a pair. Stater $6 a pair. A no brainer for me in the future. Just my 2cts worth.

+
I tried bike shorts, with the padding, felt very uncomfortable to me, as if I'd.. ummm.. crapped my shorts - well, you know what I mean. (DAMHIKT, I just do..)

I biked 150 miles a week for decades so I'm used to that. And I still have a bunch of good quality bike shorts. Just looking at the web page, I can't see anything that justifies replacing them until they wear out.

Just got back from a 6650 mile trip out west on my GS. I used the LDC, Under Armor Heat Gear, and Wal-Mart "Starter" brand undies. The LDC are the hottest of the group. The Under Armor and Starter were about even as far as the heat goes. They were both much cooler than the LDC. The Starter brand felt the most comfortable and pulled the moisture from my backside the best. The LDC felt clamy every time I wore them. All wash easily at the motels. The Starters dried the fastest. LDC $50 a pair. Under Armor $24 a pair. Stater $6 a pair. A no brainer for me in the future. Just my 2cts worth.

I bought two pair of the Wal-Mart Starters brand ($10 a pair at my store). They are comfortable for normal use and have done well on local day rides up to 350 miles. There is more than one fabric in Starters brand...get the one with the polyester and spandex mix.

None of the motorcycle stores in my area stock evaporating cooling vests, so I am going to try soaking an old flannel shirt and see how long it will last.

It has been many years since I filled my boots with water in the desert southwest, but that is also an option.

I bought two pair of the Wal-Mart Starters brand ($10 a pair at my store). They are comfortable for normal use and have done well on local day rides up to 350 miles. There is more than one fabric in Starters brand...get the one with the polyester and spandex mix.

None of the motorcycle stores in my area stock evaporating cooling vests, so I am going to try soaking an old flannel shirt and see how long it will last.

It has been many years since I filled my boots with water in the desert southwest, but that is also an option.

Good luck with soaking your flannel shirt. (I have touted several times my heavy cotton pullover that zips up the neck for cooling purposes.) Neck cooling is also great. To avoid water running down into your pants, you might want to amputate the bottom of the shirt with pinking shears at about belly button level. Unless you have vents in the arms of your riding jacket, you might also want to amputate the sleeves. The more water your garment holds, the longer the cooling effect lasts. With low humidity and temps in the mid 90's that pullover would cool me for about three hours under a mesh jacket.

Back