• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Top O The Rockies route from L.A

I am headed to this rally on the 9th of July. Am going to Prescott AZ 1st night and then looking for two lane road through N/E Arizona, N/W New Mexico, and up through S/W Colorado to Paonia. Question....Know any good rts through this area. I like to stay off of major highways. Also, do I need to worry about the fires? I will be camping and riding my 1200RT.
Thanks

Here's a Google Map of a possible route, taking in great riding to Flagstaff, then a route up through Monument Valley, then the western legs of the San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway to Telluride, Dallas Divide, Ridgway, and directly to Paonia.

On the return I save the north rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison (CO 92) for you, as well as the Million Dollar Highway to Durango. Now from here you can head further south to NM for the return, or, if you've never seen/ridden southern Utah, I would head west to Blanding and ride the great line-up of stacked parks, monuments and rec areas all the way to Zion. Anyway, just some quick thoughts.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...SR-Q&gl=us&mra=mi&mrsp=10&sz=10&via=3&t=m&z=7

Going west from Blanding you could take the boat from Halls Crossing to Bullfrog, then up Burr Trail toward Torrey, or south down 12, a very scenic road.
Also, get the Moki Dugway in there to the south.
dc

Thanks for the information. Leaving Monday...It's a tough job, but someone has to do it
Rick

Back