• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

sherpa area at moa 2012

unclebudintx

I have reserved a tent with sherpa mayberry.. I was just wondering "cause Im a newbiee" Do they let us park our bike at our tents? I hope i dont have park else where that wouldn't work at all..

just askin

any other advise for livin in the sherpa area?

If you see an R100RT with a sidecar, that'll be my friend John. I'm sure he's conquered that wild screaming in his sleep by now...

Mac

Sherpa Tenting, Dinner and Sleeping

OK so I need to bring ear plugs. I'll be solo so if any there is interest in organizing dinner rides count me in. As after a long day and before sleeping on the ground next to the bike and side car rider a nice sit down dinner will be essential.

OK so I need to bring ear plugs. I'll be solo so if any there is interest in organizing dinner rides count me in. As after a long day and before sleeping on the ground next to the bike and side car rider a nice sit down dinner will be essential.

so far it looks like i am solo too... dinner ride sound great look for me in sherpa area.. I'll be flying the Texas flag over my campsite.. everyone is welcome

No, individual power for fans, etc is not available in the sherpa area.

The battery operated fans work well. We have two that operate on D cell batteries and run for a couple of nights before exhausting batteries.

Ted has a nice setup. He provides an area for charging cell phones and small electronics but, if you are looking for something along the lines of a CPAP, I'm not sure about that.

I'll have a CPAP area for power, plus I have three tents in general population with a CPAP requirement that I'll have to use deep cycle batteries for power.

CPAP residency seems to be growing fast each year. If I find that someone requested CPAP just to get power, I will no longer accept them as a customer. I can't run extension cords to all 80+ tents, that's just not reasonable.

wanting power for a fan!

I couldn't have answered it better than this.

No, individual power for fans, etc is not available in the sherpa area.

The battery operated fans work well. We have two that operate on D cell batteries and run for a couple of nights before exhausting batteries.

CPAP is a medical need and I have to do extra work to accommodate this requirement, not to mention all the extra extension cords I have to buy and provide. I will not tolerate folks claiming medical need just to have handy electricity at their tent. That is a serious abuse of my trust.

I will provide electricity in the Sherpa awning area for recharging phones and other rechargeable devices.

Back