• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Salty fog riders rally 2012

What the heck is going on up there?

The group camped in Louisbourg last night. I've got a knee problem and bailed toward home yesterday morning. Woke up to very heavy rain this morning in Bar Harbor. Will make a run for Braintree today -- heavy rain and t-storms forecast for the whole day.

In two gorgeous days at Larry's River, had a boat race, astronomy class, tall tales, and great home cooked food. :ca

Thanks for the reply, sorry to hear about your bad knee, 95 in the rain -- let us know when you get back.

I do try to avoid I-95, took US1/ME3 for the first 100 miles from Bar Harbor to Augusta. Home at noon, rode through 200 miles of heavy rain that's now over NS. Hope everyone has good rain gear. Mine held up pretty well, but I junked the pinlock for the facesheild. It's just two more surfaces for water to collect on.

7937843984_6ddf24bb4b_o.png

Rain story: Last night, getting close to running out of gas, stopped at no-name gas and general store in Amherst, ME. Three separate guys got out of their pickups one after another and said:

"Man, you're gonna get wet."
"I've got gear for it."
"That's like those BMW riders, they just keep going."
"Yeah, this is my Vstrom, and there's a BMW in the driveway too, but any kind of rider on the road for several days is prepared for it. "

Then another guy came in while I was paying for gas and told me I was riding right into it. Laughed -- told them all to have a good night.

My wife and I took the fast ferry from Bar Harbor three years ago and spent eight days riding around nova scotia on our 87 k75,we went back two weeks ago with the car and picked up where we left off, we will need to go a few more times. We had quite a bit of rain when we were on the bike, but this year five days one rain shower.
I want to get up there with the group some one of these years.

The 2012 Salty Fog Riders Rally has concluded. What a time! This year was an opportunity to see this part of Nova Scotia from mild to wild. A sunny and tranquil first few days blended into an opportunity to see some rain and the ocean churning madly in the Highlands. Concluding with sunshine and winding vistas on Friday. The grins never ended.

Stay tuned for the Report in a separate thread :dance:lurk
- Bob and Mary

2012 Salty.... another adventure in travel & new friends!

THANK YOU Bob & Mary!!!

Your rally.... NOBODY does one like you guys! Great time had by all.

Back to Cincinnati yesterday (Monday)... 18day/4,925mi.....:bolt

three bowl

THANK YOU Bob & Mary!!!

Your rally.... NOBODY does one like you guys! Great time had by all.

Back to Cincinnati yesterday (Monday)... 18day/4,925mi.....:bolt

three bowl

So John, did you have room for my bowl of soup, now making you "four bowl"? :dunno

Uh...

cant fool me twice Paul! No extra soup or fish appetizer before dinner....
This year, I knew what the wall oven in that lovely kitchen held. No dum
comments like last years "why does this fantastic chicken soup smell like ham"
Lets say I "paced myself" before dinner with ONLY three bowls... easy on the bread!
I did however see a guy eat lobsters like Mack eats mackrell!
Also of note: by the shore of Lake Big Bras d Or, the fries at Lick-a-Chick... :thumb

04R1150R

Dang wish I could have been there this year.. Would have been great for 2 of us tearing up the tails and heads off of things..

Ya need to ask Drew about me and lobsters.. Yum, yum, yum tomalley on a little bread and if there is roe.. :whistle

Sheesh.. Pavlov's condition is in force.. Now where to get a good cheap lobster here :scratch

cant fool me twice Paul! No extra soup or fish appetizer before dinner....
This year, I knew what the wall oven in that lovely kitchen held. No dum
comments like last years "why does this fantastic chicken soup smell like ham"
Lets say I "paced myself" before dinner with ONLY three bowls... easy on the bread!
I did however see a guy eat lobsters like Mack eats mackrell!
Also of note: by the shore of Lake Big Bras d Or, the fries at Lick-a-Chick... :thumb

04R1150R

Back