Thread: Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, New York from Massachusette

Chelmsford, MA

Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, New York from Massachusette

Taking the RT on a little ride to Maryland, via Cleveland, and hope to do a pass through West Virginia. Im leaving Monday morning and coming back 7 days later. Hope to spend a couple days in Berea Ohio with fellow MOA Riders Cy Ubinger and Donna, and then Saturday down to Maryland for a Cookout. Hope to attend the BMW Riders of Metropolitan Washingtons swap meet and breakfast on Sunday morning

Here is my rough plan. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Its gonna be hot, I'll be hydrating as much as possible, and I hope to ride in the woods / mountains a lot. Bringing a tent but may also camp at the Holiday Inn..

Hinckley, Ohio USA

In SE Ohio, I might use Rt 800 rather than I-77.

+1 on 800
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT gone but not forgotten
    14 Victory Crossroads

Central Ohio
    I-77 to make time.
    800 to have fun.

Have ridden virtually all the routes you plan to will have a great trip.

Agree on Route 800 in Ohio, it is a great road - kind of like the Ohio Tail of the Dragon...we keep it a secret, so it is not crowed. Watch for Amish buggies and horse exhaust. Once you get to Canton, you may as well jump on I-77 to get to Cleveland.

Another option is to pick up Route 250 in Wheeling. It meets with 800 in Uhrichsville.
    It is not quite as twisty as 800, but is still a designated scenic route in Ohio. The village of Cadiz, Ohio is the hometown of actor Clark Gable and there is a museum run by the Clark Gable Foundation.
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5