• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Air mattress pump up station???

derost

beemerFROG
So if I bring my air mattress, will they lend a hand pumping it up at the tire check station? And if so, will that be open wednesday afternoon/ night when I arrive? (Early to volunteer of course!):thumb

If not, anyone have any thoughts other than my unresponsive lungs? :eek

Transfer the air from your bike tires to the mattress...then you just have to worry about getting air back in the tires before you leave! :wave :stick

Transfer the air from your bike tires to the mattress...then you just have to worry about getting air back in the tires before you leave! :wave :stick

Yeah... I thought I'd be setting myself up for something like that. :banghead

So if I bring my air mattress, will they lend a hand pumping it up at the tire check station? And if so, will that be open wednesday afternoon/ night when I arrive? (Early to volunteer of course!):thumb

If not, anyone have any thoughts other than my unresponsive lungs? :eek

Knock on the door of any Kelty Tent or look for someone with the Kermit chair.
Those guys for sure will have an AIR PUMP...:thumb
And if you need to check your e-mail, they will have a computer going too.:brad

Most of us carry some sort of air pump for the tires in case of a flat or tire repair on the road. What I did was make a small adapter from the air stem of an old tire tube and adapted a piece of rubber tubing so that while I'm setting up my tent etc., the pump inflates my air mattress. Try it, it works very well and you won't hyperventilate trying to blow that thing up. -G

Agreed:)

Tire electric pumps work wonders via cigarette lighter adapter or direct battery clips. Also sold are battery operated(4Ds) electric pumps sold at all camping suplier stores. Coleman and the like. WalMart sells'em I think. The latter pumps a matress really quickly, not having to access your bikes power supply. You may consider a FAN too for your tent. They were VERY popular last year in PA, as the stores locally sold out. Randy:thumb

Most of us carry some sort of air pump for the tires in case of a flat or tire repair on the road. What I did was make a small adapter from the air stem of an old tire tube and adapted a piece of rubber tubing so that while I'm setting up my tent etc., the pump inflates my air mattress. Try it, it works very well and you won't hyperventilate trying to blow that thing up. -G

It sure sounds like a good idea.:thumb
But how long does it take to inflate a TWIN size air mattress?
All (small) tire pumps can not be running for more than 10 min at the time.
I remember trying to inflate a Full size mattress with the AirMan compressor and it took a long time to do that which resulted in the overheating the compressor.:D
Here is the air pump from the Walmart for $8.86 that worked for me for the last 8-10 years www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8586941&findingMethod=rr and it also does a good job of deflating the mattress too.
But if anybody would like to go HIGH CLASS something like KELTY/KERMIT here is another one for $14.46 www.walmart.com/ip/High-Output-Air-Pump/10927631
P.S. Anybody needs to inflate a mattress of charge a cell phone or a camera, please stop at my tent... my bike has it all and it runs on 2 (TWO ODYSSEY) batteries.:clap

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. I too have a mini compressor I carry in case of a flat, but when I tried it in the garage... man it would have taken the entire rally to inflate the mattress, and most certainly burn out the pump. I like the one suggested at Wally world.. I'll have to check that out for size. And thanks for the suggestion of the tent fan... I just found one at Dicks Sporting for only $9.99
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4063183&ppp=36&cp=4406646.4413993.4414966.12706659

Can't WAIT for the rally!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the info. I too have a mini compressor I carry in case of a flat, but when I tried it in the garage... man it would have taken the entire rally to inflate the mattress, and most certainly burn out the pump. I like the one suggested at Wally world.. I'll have to check that out for size. And thanks for the suggestion of the tent fan... I just found one at Dicks Sporting for only $9.99
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4063183&ppp=36&cp=4406646.4413993.4414966.12706659

Can't WAIT for the rally!!!!!!!!!

Your are looking at the 5 inch FAN!!!
Like my girlfriend said: " 5 inches is 5 inches":nono
Here is a 10 inches FAN that you can get at any Walgreen store for 15 bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/O2-Cool-Model...=UTF8&qid=1341173864&sr=8-8&keywords=tent+fan
I removed the battery pack from that setup and now testing the FAN using my bike. So far it ran since 6:00pm of the last night. I still can start my bike. Trying to see how many hours it can run before this FAN kills my Odyssey battery.:brow

Yeah I know.. worried about room. Maybe I'll get both and see what I have room for. Worse case, I'll go with the 10" and leave a bottle of JB at home. No... maybe not. :drink

At every rally you can hear Coleman air mattress inflators that run on 4 D cells. You can buy one at Wally World. They also deflate your air mattress when you are ready to leave. I change my batteries every year and have had many others use it during the camping season. It has not failed to work in the last four years.
Ride Safe

Yeah I know.. worried about room. Maybe I'll get both and see what I have room for. Worse case, I'll go with the 10" and leave a bottle of JB at home. No... maybe not. :drink

If it comes to leaving the bottle at home you can use my air mattress pump. I just can't stand to see alcohol abused or lonely. :buds

At every rally you can hear Coleman air mattress inflators that run on 4 D cells. You can buy one at Wally World. They also deflate your air mattress when you are ready to leave. I change my batteries every year and have had many others use it during the camping season. It has not failed to work in the last four years.
Ride Safe

that's what we use (have 12v back up unit as well). Works well inflating/deflating mattress. Also, use it for clothing compression bags for suck out the air rather than rolling. From bulky to slim/trim in seconds. We are experimenting with 'light' this year and found the bag and pump method to be just what we needed... tent, sunshade, vented jackets , whatever can compress. - Bob

It sure sounds like a good idea.:thumb
But how long does it take to inflate a TWIN size air mattress?
All (small) tire pumps can not be running for more than 10 min at the time.
I remember trying to inflate a Full size mattress with the AirMan compressor and it took a long time to do that which resulted in the overheating the compressor.:D
Here is the air pump from the Walmart for $8.86 that worked for me for the last 8-10 years www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8586941&findingMethod=rr and it also does a good job of deflating the mattress too.
But if anybody would like to go HIGH CLASS something like KELTY/KERMIT here is another one for $14.46 www.walmart.com/ip/High-Output-Air-Pump/10927631
P.S. Anybody needs to inflate a mattress of charge a cell phone or a camera, please stop at my tent... my bike has it all and it runs on 2 (TWO ODYSSEY) batteries.:clap

Walmart sells a small 4 battery air pump for about $15.00.. I bought one 2 years ago on my way to Sturgis, used it all week, then on 2 separate camping tips since, and just used it again this weekend to air up some mattresses for visitors at my house. All on the same batteries, and will be taking to the fair with the same batteries.... Should be more than enough power to air up for one 4 day camping trip and you don't have to worry about finding someone with a pump....
DSC00411.jpg

Back