• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Problems pairing Sena SMH10 to the audio system

I have terrible sound issues when pairing the Sena to my K1600GT It sounds like a very bad cell phone
Signal, breaking up constantly. Has anyone figured out ow to make these two systems work?

Is there any way to try the SMH-10 on another K1600?

While I don't have a K1600, I do have an SMH-10 and it does well with Bluetooth audio from both an HTC Incredible 2 and a Zumo 660. If anything, I'd expect pairing to be the hard part. Since you are hearing something, I assume you were able to pair with the bike's BT system. That the connection sounds as bad as it does suggests the possibility that the bike's not getting a good signal out or the SMH-10 can't hear it. And that suggests plan b: if possible, try another SMH-10 with the bike. However, if the SMH-10 works well with other devices but stumbles in talking to the bike, I'd suspect the bike's BT system has problems. Hence the suggestion to try pairing to another K1600.

Try Turning your bike's treble and bass settings all they way down. If this helps as it did on my RT's system then you should be good.

I have terrible sound issues when pairing the Sena to my K1600GT It sounds like a very bad cell phone
Signal, breaking up constantly. Has anyone figured out ow to make these two systems work?

Duh! Try turning down the volume of the signal from the K1600. It may well be you're hearing distortion from too "loud" a signal from the bike's audio. Sorry I didn't think of that sooner. :banghead

There's a good write up on pairing the smh10 to the k1600 on k1600forum.com . Using latest BMW flash v4.0 it works great on my bike as helmet #1 but won't work as helmet #2. Only thing you lose is thumb wheel volume control. Sound quality is much better than C3/communicator

No loss on the helmet #2 issue if both riders have SMH-10's; the SMH-10's provide the intercom function. I'm surprised the volume ring stops working, though.

Back