• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aftermarket seats for G650GS

Has anyone replaced the seat on their G650GS? I bought mine (2011) in the fall last year, and am finally getting into gear riding to work every day with it and boy, does my lower back hurt. Not kidneys but a spot right in the center of my lower back. Very painful when I get home from my ride so have to ice my back! Love my bike but need to do something about this. Has anyone tried after-market seats from Wunderlich or Corbin etc? How have you found them and while I know it's partly personal pref, has made a big difference compared to the cost of the seats? My commute is 40-50 minutes each way and right now having a hard time imagining a day long ride...

I have a 2012 and find the stock seat very uncomfortable after only 30 miles in the saddle. I can't imagine riding all day on that seat. Good luck on your search.

I picked up a second hand Corbin for my son's 2010 G650GS. He seems to like it, but hasn't been out on it for more than an hour or so at a time. I have one on my CS, and find it a big improvement. Nothing's perfect - I still ride with my Alaska sheepskin most of the time, and carry a BeadRider and a Butt Buffer on long trips. But that's just me. I like to be able to change it up a bit.

On my K1200RS and my F650GS, I have Bill Meyers seats. They are a great improvement over the stock seat and a corbin seat.
Take care

Theoretically we are like snow flakes, no two alike. But my posterior has no similarity with whomever BMW used to make the F650 seats. Without a Corbin I wouldn't have 88,000 miles on an F650, I would be lucky to have gotten 800.

Aftermarket Seat for G650GS

I bought a new 2012 G650GS last December. The stock seat is tolerable (I won't say good) for short trips. At the RA rally earlier this month, I spoke to Bill Mayer at his vendor booth. He said he has done many seats for that model. This winter, I intend to send the seat to him or some other custom seat shop.

Torture test

I would love to question whoever designed the seat. I went with an Air Hawk pad to save a few $ (so I could spend it on other accessories). It works great!

I had a Corbin on a previous F650GS that I owned. Several times I put 300-400 mile days on it. I wasn't a big fan of that saddle.

Back