• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Motorrad Communication System Installation

lswinford

Trying to get some assistance in the installation of a BMW Motorrad Communication System in a new Schuberth C3 helmet.

After find some instructions on the Internet after finding nothing in the BMW package, I've removed the helmet liners but found that the cavity where you're supposed to insert the battery package is a bit too small, causing the helmet's inner shock absorbing material to bulge inward.

Is this normal??

Have to say I'm a bit irritated since the dealer wonÔÇÖt install this, even though I just dropped over a grand on the comm system and the C3 helmet.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Trying to get some assistance in the installation of a BMW Motorrad Communication System in a new Schuberth C3 helmet.

After find some instructions on the Internet after finding nothing in the BMW package, I've removed the helmet liners but found that the cavity where you're supposed to insert the battery package is a bit too small, causing the helmet's inner shock absorbing material to bulge inward.

Is this normal??

Have to say I'm a bit irritated since the dealer won’t install this, even though I just dropped over a grand on the comm system and the C3 helmet.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
The battery and the circuit board packages are a very tight fit -- the inner liner will push out slightly. No effect on helmet fit, though.

"Have to say I'm a bit irritated since the dealer wonÔÇÖt install this"

that would have been my first clue.
i install or remove my schuberth bluetooth in three minutes.

BMW Comm System Installed

After sending out several postings and emails for assistance, I was contacted by a tech rep at Schuberth who offered to install everything if I shipped it to him. It was worth it to get it done right, and to know I didn't violate the integrity (and warranty) of the helmet!

Back