• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Final Drive Problem

EASTMAN

I have had a problem with my '07 K1200GT final drive. It's spline-like connection at the hub wore to the point that it became loose and wobbled side to side. Since other bikes have a similar final drive i.e., GS and RT bikes, I'm wondering how many others have had this same problem and what they did to fix it?

Last edited:
Check with your dealer. Early on some of the K1200 bikes had this problem. There was a campaign of some type - recall maybe - to address improperly hardened or machined splines on the wheel flange/axle tube.

Could try posting at the K-Bikes.com website too, there are a fair number of people there with the wedge-engine GT's, or bmwsuperbikes.com is another source.

Back