• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Plan on Attending Bavarian Mountain Weekend at Sipapu in September!

:brad

Yes, we'll be celebrating our 28th Bavarian Mountain Weekend at Sipapu, NM, September 7-9, 2012, with everything people have come to expect from this great little BMW rally: great riding, some of the best tire kicking and telling lies in the region, plenty of good food both nights of the rally, fun musical entertainment both nights, the best odds to win a door prize of most any rally around, a good assortment of vendors to lighten your wallets, and more!

You can now fully register online at: http://loebmwr.org/TheRally.aspx
Mail in forms and full information about the rally are also available on our rally web page.

This year we will have the motorcycle riding trainer simulator, SMARTrainer, available for free to all rally registrants. A great way to test or improve your skills without dropping your bike in front of everyone in the parking lot!

We'll also have our returning friends of Sipapu to present tech sessions: Voni Glaves and Matt Parkhouse, along with others to be announced soon.

If you have further questions, please contact me, RJ: rjmirabal@yahoo.com or 505-299-4916. See you at Sipapu in September! :wave

Looking forward to it!

And Paul would be there too, but he's going to be support for Darryl Richmond in his BMW ride in the Cannonball 2012. I'll give up to the minute updates there for him too.

Voni
sMiling

Does anyone have a good loop from the rally they'd like to share? Wife and I will be visiting with friends at Eagles Nest this coming weekend. I'm looking for about a 7-8 hour, 300 mile ride, give or take. Here's what I have tentatively planned:

Hwy 38 out of Eagles Nest to Red River and Questa.
South on 522 for about 20 miles then
West on 64 to Tieria
South on 84 about 40 miles then
West on 96/550 to Cuba
Southeast on 126
East on 4 to Los Alamos
Continue East on 30 to Espanola
Northeast on 76 then
East on 518 to Mora
North on 434 to Angel Fire and then back to Eagles Nest

If anyone has any suggestions or substitutions I'd like to hear them.

Also plan to mountain bike the South Boundary Trail from Angel Fire to Taos and would like your thoughts on that too if you've ridden it.

Thanks!

Back