• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Communication technology - check it out

6 day/1500mi. trial, worked perfectly, no boom mike a bonus for modualr helmet users.

What is the range like on the intercom - bike to bike?

How many units can be paired?

Can you pair GPS and phone through GPS and still works?

How are the buttons to use with gloves on?

Sound quality - good, great???

the website lacks information. so the more you can provide the better! if possible, of course.

Be hard to use with a Schuberth Concept helmet since the helmet neck roll mounts where the inside of their mounting clip is.. and there were no details on the speakers - things like thickness/size are fairly important. The Scala (aka BMW) system for the Concept uses a boom mike, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Mounting could be a problem

If you have a Nolan n104 or a Schubert...
The drop down sun shade lever on these helmets would seem to occupy the same area as the mount.

Okay, so here is the update on Uclear devices...

My question to them was...

Your website doesn\'t seem to provide much information on intercom range, on how many intercom devices can be synched, how many devices (GPS, Phone) can be connected, or even if GPS and phone can be connected and works.

Can you provide more detailed information?

Uclear's response:

Hi Neil, many thanks for your inquiry and interest!

Here is a link to our FAQ that will answer a few of your questions: http://www.uclear-digital.com/FAQs.php. For example, question 11, discusses phone and GPS pairing.

With regards to intercom, the HBC100 is best used up to 10 meters though we have had some customers achieve greater distances.

Understanding intercom may be particularly important to you, I wanted to give a heads up that we have our HBC200 Force coming out next month, which will significantly increase intercom range. ItÔÇÖs designed to utilize what we call ÔÇ£multi-hopÔÇØ technology, so you would get 700 meters between each rider, which builds upon itself. For example, if you had three riders, youÔÇÖd have the 700 between each, meaning your range capability between the first and last in the chain would be 1400.

Please let me know if thereÔÇÖs anything else I can address for you, and thank you again, we really appreciate you considering UCLEAR!

JULIE FOGERSON
BITwave USA | UCLEAR
Phone. 208-433-9162 x. 108
Web. UCLEAR-DIGITAL.COM

thanks for that Tom. I have sent them two emails but no response. I don't want to read much into that but there are many suppliers who are substantially quicker. Anyway, before we go to Sena I would like to check this one out. - Bob

The Sena is great, but boom mics are a pain.

As to Revzilla, I've had nothing but good experience with orders from them and they have reviews of just about everything. Never sent them an email though...

Back