• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

WANTED: Sedalia Security Volunteers... inquire within

Fatthumz

Re-tire... as necessary
Would you like to spend some time at the rally getting to know how things work? How about spending time in a cart driving around helping fellow rally goers? If yes, then sign up to be a security volunteer..! :thumb

Volunteer teams of two will cover the rally grounds in carts for 3-hour shifts to:
  • assist rally goers with directions, answer questions, help with special needs
  • check wristbands
  • take items to lost & found
  • observe & report operational issues with rally grounds or facilities
  • respond to concerns attendees encounter, help work out common sense solutions
  • help manage people & traffic in the event of an on-site medical emergency
Volunteers will also monitor the doors of the four vendor buildings during setup (Tues & Wed) as well as when the buildings open and close each day Thur, Fri & Sat. Volunteers will open and close the gate BMW uses for the demo rides.

Because Security is mobile and always visible, they become the de facto ÔÇ£meet & greetÔÇØ pros of the Rally Team. Still sound like something you want to be involved in..? Alrighty then, just sign up here or drop me an email at tomhillhere@gmail.com. IÔÇÖll confirm your interest and gather particulars about your schedule.

Look forward to meeting you and volunteering together in Sedalia. We're gonna have a great time..! :clap

Tom Hill - Security Chair - Atlanta, GA
Jim Merrell - Security Co-Chair - Canton, OH

Tom & Jim are getting pumped...

Because we can-not-wait to ride into the fairgrounds in Sedalia three weeks from now and begin setting up SECURITY CENTRAL.

WeÔÇÖll be running two or more carts around the rally grounds from 6am until 9pm beginning Wednesday to assist attendees know where to camp, where to shower, where to eat, where to shop, where to find seminars, where to pick up winning Superstakes Prizes... and more..! Other jobs involve monitoring doors of the vendor buildings during vendor setup (Tues & Wed) and when they open for business beginning Thursday.

If you are interested in arguably one of the best volunteer jobs at the rally, reply here on the forum or send an email to tomhillhere@gmail.com.

At your service and ready for some HowlinÔÇÖ at the Moon...!

Tom Hill & Jim Merrell

Attachments

• Tom and Jim MOA.jpg
    Tom and Jim MOA.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 220
Here's a pair....

:) .... with some "meet & greet" SECURITY Rally experence.
She cant see well, but drives fast & shoots mostly straight;
I have good vision in one eye & "point" for her.
I can run fast but dont remember why or where too; she
usually helps me with that. Can we help on Wednesday?
Fairground study complete; we "carry" squirt-guns!! :brow
Looks like 100deg F this week in MO... "gotta lid on that cart"???

"Travel'in John" & Dara

Hello Travel'in John & Dara...

... thanks for volunteering and yes, y'all can help on Wednesday. I saw some of your posts from previous rallies and had you down to contact given your "security clearance". Got a cart with two seats open beginning at noon on Wednesday. That too early for ya? Haven't heard if our carts have roofs yet, but I sure hope so. Pack a BIG HAT just in case. :jose

Count be in

Looks like I will be able to attend again this year. I have worked the security for about 5 or 6 MOAs and haven't fallen off the cart yet. Plan on arriving Wed from the GS giant tour and usually like an evening shift after the seminars. Allenh1122@aol.com

Hellooo Allenh

Thanks for throwing in again this year with the Security Team. :wave I sent you a PM.

Tom Hill - Atlanta

Check out the picture below...

A hint... it's round, it's white, it's pinned to the hat. Bingo... VOLUNTEER...!

Be one of the...
- helpful people in security carts that will be roving the rally grounds from 6am-9pm :thumb

- smiling people to monitor doors during vendor set-up Tuesday & Wednesday :)

- friendly people to open & close vendor doors Thursday-Saturday :nod

- "hope I win that" people at the gate BMW uses for demo rides :clap

- "dancin' like nobody is looking" people at stage front when the Fabulous Thunderbirds are rocking out :twirl

Seriously, think about volunteering for one of the best jobs at the Rally... respond here on the forum or send an email to tomhillhere@gmail.com.

See you in Sedalia soon... Tom Hill & Jim Merrell

Attachments

• Volunteer hat.jpg
    Volunteer hat.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 120
Count me in!

I would like to volunteer again. I love those little golf carts, and also prefer night duties after seminars. I should be there by Wednesday at 5PM.:twirl

:twirl

Ya'll still looking!

You can put me down for something. I've done Chairperson roles myself, previous rallies for GS Events. Know your needs well:). I have never done security, but willing to help out. I'm usually an early riser, sunup guy:), but willing to here your needs. Randy"Polarbear". #13233. I'll send private message, can't get through to your email:(.? :scratch:thumb

Rally Security

We should be there Monday evening so we can work Tuesday. Will RV camping be ready? Tried emailing the RV chair - no response. Also, willing to work concerts as well.

Russ and Judy Cockrum

I would like to volunteer again. I love those little golf carts, and also prefer night duties after seminars. I should be there by Wednesday at 5PM.:twirl

:twirl

Greetings Alex, we would like you to volunteer again as well..! Always good to have folks that have been around the block so to speak in handling security activities. :clap I've added you to our cart list (after Wednesday arrival) and with a preference for night shifts after seminars.

Thanks for stepping up look forward to meeting you in Sedalia.

We should be there Monday evening so we can work Tuesday. Will RV camping be ready? Tried emailing the RV chair - no response. Also, willing to work concerts as well.

Russ and Judy Cockrum

Hey Russ & Judy, thanks a bunch for updating me with your arrival time and availability. I've made note of same in our BHMS (big-honking-master-schedule). Not sure what to tell you about RV camping and when you guys can set up. I'll do some networking and see if I can find out more detail about that.

Hot or not... looking forward to Howlin' at the Moon with everybody in Sedalia..!

Back