• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do you contact management about warranty issues?

2 yr parts warranty..

Covers labor too if the original work was done at a dealership. DAMHIK. I got a replacement ZFE in Nevada at Sierra BMW as the original ZFE was replaced under warranty in 2008 for an ESA problem. In 2009 I had a mystery charging problem which Sierra diagnosed as ZFE and BMW stepped right up and paid for it, part, labor and all.

BMW MOA Consumer Liasion working on the warranty issue

Jim Wright the Consumer Liasion for BMW MOA has been very attentive and helpful in getting the matter resolved. Jim contacted a service tech. friend of his and both agreed that there is something serious wrong with my bike. Jim is going to contact David Bloodworth the service writer for Bloodworth BMW and find out if my bike has ever had the output shaft and transmission input shaft checked to see if they are running true. I doubt that they have. I think they just keep slapping new seals in and hope I will go away sooner or later. I will keep you posted on what Jim finds out from Bloodworth BMW.

I find it interesting and somewhat disturbing the the Consumer Liasion for BMW MOA does not have a list of the BMW Regional Service representive. Jim said that he is going to try and get a list of the Regional Service Reps.

BMW Service is harder to reach than the White House

WE recently went round and round with a K1600LT bike that broke down in May while we were on our road trip to New Mexico. (don't go to Sandia BMW Motorcycle Service! It is the worst and they do nothing to assist you or help you reach someone in authority. We had a gear bearing that went out and the bike had less than 14000 miles and should have been warrantied. BIG NEWS here is that if you ahve a trailer attached at any point BMW will void the service needed because they will link it to the trailer--even when it is not linked. Even when you have other service dealers stating that that is rediculous. Doesn't matter! And can you get to anyone with authority NO. It took us until this week to finally get something done--we had to leave the bike behind on two separate occasions and only received a "good will jesture on the first $6000 repair. The second repair only 500 miles after the first was a "covered" area. Hmmmm? In the end we had to make two flights at our expense and one u-haul trip home. We recovered only $500 on the first uhaul trip. On the second trip --well Trip interrupt does not take credit card statements or bank statements showing the airline and travel expense. So if you book online with e-tickets--good luck! We are still trying to get something on the $3000 in trip costs and it is not looking good here either. We actually sold the BMW to Sandia just to get away from the poor quality and service issues. We had tried to contact our liason, but that did little to assist us. In the end, I wrote lots of emails, made lots of calls, and pretty much decided there is no authority at BMW--they must be ghosts!:banghead:

160247, I thought that I had it bad.

I finally found a way to get into BMW NA. The local dealer said to call customer service. The Customer Service rep are very nice, and after repeatedly calling them I finally got them to bump me up to the next level. I spoke to a young lady named Kara or Kari. She was very nice and did contact Bloodworth BMW service writer David Bloodworth. But the Customer Service based out of Ohio does not have any authority to get things done. I tried for a week to reach a higher level at BMW NA. I was going to do a letter writing campaign to the higher ups, but I could not find many names other than the CEO to write to. While I was on the BMW NA home page I saw their facebook button and posted on to their facebook page. All I posted was that I have had several seal failures and "does anyone know how to get in touch with BMW NA higher level Customer Service". The next day I got a call from them and they have been very helpful. I should know next week what they are going to do about my leaking seals again on my 20005 GS with 40,000 miles on it. I will keep you posted.

WE recently went round and round with a K1600LT bike that broke down in May while we were on our road trip to New Mexico. (don't go to Sandia BMW Motorcycle Service! It is the worst and they do nothing to assist you or help you reach someone in authority.
Wow. That's a pretty damning statement about Sandia BMW for a first post on this forum, and completely anonymous.

Fortunately - over the years I have learned that not everything your read on the internet is true. Considering that my experience with Sandia BMW, on both the car and motorcycle sides, has been at least as good as most BMW dealerships I've done business with since the 60's [started riding BMW's in 1956 on my Dad's R/60 hack] - and better than a lot - I can put your post in the "may not be completely accurate" column.

Back