• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

mad props to the MOA's roadside assistance program

chiba

hack'd
How is the MOA roadside assistance?
I saw this post in another thread & felt I needed to answer publicly.

I took my wife off on a shortish journey in celebration of her birthday this past weekend. On the return trip, we had a serious problem with our bike.

I called the MOA's roadside assistance program, which I VERY recently signed up for in anticipation of my summer vacation trip with my daughter. I can say now it might be the wisest $29 I spent all year.

The assistance folks did their jobs well & what I feel was very quickly on a Sunday afternoon. Within 2 hours of calling them, our bike was on a flatbed. The towing service that showed up was the 24th one the assistance folks had to call according to the woman on the phone!! The truck carried us 96.7 miles to my mechanic's shop & it cost me nothing out of pocket other than the tip I gave the towing crew.

In addition to thanking the BMW MOA's roadside assistance program, I'd also like to thank Bailey & Sons Towing of Mechanicsville, VA, who did a GREAT job. It wasn't the way I wanted to end our weekend, but because of the combined efforts of these people, it wasn't at all a terrible experience.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm in the market for roadside assistance although I have it with my standard bike insurance with Foremost I have never been able to get a definitive answer from others as to exactly how good their service is .

Sundays;

Now thats a hard day to get help! I've used the earlier plan years ago, with less results. Sounds like they had some trouble too, calling 20+ companies. They got r done though:). My favorite tip has been UHaul Truck, since it happened to me and I did this to get home. They seem to be in every town. I got instant results, renting the truck, driving myself and bike home. Ugly, but worked. They actually PAID the bill too, BMW:). Randy:thumb

Since I am heading out on a trip, I want to make sure I have the call info with me. Is it in my Annonomous book? Or on my membership card? I know I upgraded to the platinum membership, just never paid attention to the phone #!

I carry the info on separate cards in two places, and Voni carries it too. Belts and suspenders you know. :)

Since I am heading out on a trip, I want to make sure I have the call info with me. Is it in my Annonomous book? Or on my membership card? I know I upgraded to the platinum membership, just never paid attention to the phone #!

What is this upgrade to Platinum membership you speak of, and how do I go about upgrading?
DC

Page 21 of the June Owners News describes the Platinum Cycle Upgrade. Call the office to upgrade. Peace of mind for $26 year.

Back