• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rolling Out From Massachusetts

dduplin

I am rolling out from Massachusetts - July 16th Monday, looking for another rider heading for the rally. Please let me know if you are interested and or leaving around this date.

I am on a K1200 RS and another party is on a K1200s. Looking for a third.

Thanks,
David

David, perhaps a bit behind your schedule..... there are two of us leaving Wilkes-Barre, PA on the Saddlesore 1000 to Sedalia at 5 AM Wednesday.. one on a GT another on an RT.. We are staying Tuesday night at the Comfort Inn at exit 165 in Wilkes-Barre. Trip is mapped out including gas stops every 200 miles thanks to some leg work done by the other rider. Not sure about a group of 5, but if riding styles do not match we have already agreed to not slow one another down.

Thanks For the Response

Thanks for the response - that is about a 5 hour ride and I was hoping to be further by Wednesday. My map out is about 425 a day.

Can you guys send me your route in order to compare to mine.

I have two routes mapped out based on different scenarios.

Thanks,
David

David, I thought as much. As it turns out we just picked up another RT rider heading out of Wilkes-Barre at 5 AM Wednesday. :thumb

I-80 W to I-76 & I-80 W
I-76 W towards I-277
I-76 W to I-76 W/US-224 W to I-71 S
I-71 S to I-270 W to I-70 W
I-70 W to I-270 W
I-270 W to I-70 W
I-70 W to US-65 S
then

:bar

Also from MA

David,
I am also heading to the rally from MA. I was planning to leave on Saturday but Monday is also ok. What is your itinerary like?

Jim in Fitchburg

Boston to Sedalia via BRP

Hi all,

I'm riding from work in Boston Friday 3 pm, out the pike Rt. 90 to Taconic Parkway south to Rt 84 to Rt. 81 to Front Royal, VA, will ride all of Skyline Drive and most of BRP, will probably turn west at Asheville and hope to approach Sedalia from the south through the Ozarks, never been there. I'll be on an '04 Silver R1150RT with NH plates, hope to see you along the way or as we get closer to Rally.

Ride safe!

Mark

Last edited:
Back