Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helmet Liners?

I bought several brands trying to resolve this and settled on the Gibson-Barnes that Zoomo recommends above. They're light, easy to get my sunglasses under, and slippery enough that my snug helmet slides on and off easier than without the liner. I bought red! The coolest color.

MOA,RA,ABC,NEF,MCPR,MOAL brownie's Avatar

Thumbs up Sweat-Vac for me!

I have the LD "short" liner...a little snug.....my Sweat-Vacs are really the best (for me) all around.
    Words to Ride by: Patience, Anticipate, Paranoia
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

Is the "mesh" cap adequate or better when it comes to allowing air to flow through it via the air intake at the top of my helmet? Who sells it, please?

Let me rephrase that last posting - is there a mesh type of liner that allows airflow through the intake on top of the helmet and through the mesh to your head?

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Another vote for the LD Comfort liner. Not the thinnest, but the back of my neck sure appreciated the length of the tail when riding across the country a few years ago. Other riders had lobster necks.
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver

Helmet Liner

Cycle Gear stores sell a mesh liner, their Heat Out unit that is thin and allows cool air from the scoop on my Nolan N104 to be felt.
    Bill Reitz
    Huntington Beach, CA "Surf City"
    2006 K1200LT

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomzoommo View Post
    I have a couple dozen on these. Have been using this type for twenty years. I got mine from Flight Suits Ltd. in Palo Alto, CA. They are the best. I use a clean one every day on long trips and just throw them in the wash with your other clothes.
    Jim Dubick
    Boaz, Alabama
    R1200RT,R1100GS,KLX250
    BMW MOA, BMW MOALABAMA

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar

These look great - how to size?

Quote Originally Posted by jdubick View Post
    I have a couple dozen on these. Have been using this type for twenty years. I got mine from Flight Suits Ltd. in Palo Alto, CA. They are the best. I use a clean one every day on long trips and just throw them in the wash with your other clothes.
    Jim, These liners look like they would definitely fit the bill for me. Can I make an assumption that a good approximation of sizing is helmet size = liner size before ordering any volume? Else I might just order a one each for a few sizes. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Jim, These liners look like they would definitely fit the bill for me. Can I make an assumption that a good approximation of sizing is helmet size = liner size before ordering any volume? Else I might just order a one each for a few sizes. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    I have them from Flight Suits Ltd and Gibson and Barnes both. I use size large. My helmet size usually is between Large and Extra large depending on Mfg. My golf cap size is 7 1/2. Hope that helps.
    Jim Dubick
    Boaz, Alabama
    R1200RT,R1100GS,KLX250
    BMW MOA, BMW MOALABAMA