• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pandora Motorsports BMW

Bradkap

Any experiences with this dealership ?

Salesman Tyler promised to send me a stock seat that came with the 1200RT I bought from them. Now he tells me that the seat does not exist. What should I do ? Is the stock seat worth making an issue of this ? I wanted to find out for myself. But just like Watergate, one silly story has lead to another. I am loosing trust ??

Thoughts please.

Any experiences with this dealership ?

Salesman Tyler promised to send me a stock seat that came with the 1200RT I bought from them. Now he tells me that the seat does not exist. What should I do ? Is the stock seat worth making an issue of this ? I wanted to find out for myself. But just like Watergate, one silly story has lead to another. I am loosing trust ??

Thoughts please.

If he said he would send you the seat, then he needs to step up and do it. Promises made are promises made.

The stock seat from a R1200RT has never been known to have any value, so there would be no reason for Tyler to hold out on you. Of course, once you get it you'll have to figure out what to do with it.
If you are located anywhere near me, feel free to stop by to take a gander at mine. It's well preserved, like many others, I bet, in my basement on a shelf.

The stock seat from a R1200RT has never been known to have any value

I don't completely agree...

On a recent 7,000 mile trip where I carried a Dry Bag on the pillion, I left the rear portion of my (leather) Russell at home and let the bag ride on the stock rear seat. When I take the bike for service, it goes to the dealership with the stock seat in place so that can take any abuse that gets dished out, and my dealer knows that if anyone needs to borrow an R1200RT seat while their stock pan is off being made into a custom seat, that I'm happy to lend it out.

So it's not MUCH use, but it's certainly not NO use...

And, I agree that a promise made should be a promise kept. If they are willing to break a promise on something small, what happens when it's something important?

They mess up, but work hard to make things right

I was looking everywhere for gear for my kid. Their website said they had the items in stock, so I purchased a kid's jacket and pants from them. I got automated emails confirming my order, and restating that the items were in stock and ready for shipping.

I never heard anything else. A few weeks later, I sent an email inquiring as to the status of my order. I got a response saying they never had those items in stock, and their online catalog doesn't reflect their inventory. They refunded my charge, but in the meantime, they had possession of my $400 for a couple of weeks, and as far as I can tell, they would have kept it until I asked for a refund.

I sent a snot-gram, and I too heard from Justin, who apologized profusely and refunded shipping charges on items they did have in stock that were shipped to me.

Now that I see what a splash BMW of Chattanooga/Pandora's Motorsports is making with the MOA, I can understand why Justin is so interested in placating MOA members. In my snot-gram to BMW of Chattanooga, I explained that I was an active participant in the MOA forum, and I would be sure to report this absence of customer service to my fellow members.

When dealing with merchants who rely upon word of mouth advertising among a relatively small group of potential consumers, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I recently moved down to Chatty, so these guys are now my local dealer. I have had nothing but good experiences from Pandora. The owner is very active in the MOA and local chapter which is really nice.

They do free lunches in house pretty much every saturday from what I have seen and from what I have heard from friends who have purchased bikes from them, are really great in that respect compared to other dealerships in the region.

Sounds like they eventually got there for you and from what I have seen of the owner so far, I don't doubt he would try his best to make sure you are happy with your purchase/service.

I called them for some info on an 1100s I was shipping from England to the US. I spoke w/Justin and he bent over backwards hooking me up w/information. Even knowing that I wasn't buying anything he took his time to help. Nice guy, nice shop, great staff. :thumb

Back