• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ABS II Brake fluid replacement/bleeding 2001 K1200RS

weschmann

Kawa Afterthought
Hi everyone, in my investigation to learn the BMW language, Ive determined that I have the ABS II system with the Brembo logo on the front brake calipers, which means that I do not have the servo option that I need to educate myself on. My previous bikes have not had the ABS option, so I don't wish to screw up the brake system by bleeding improperly. My question is, with this model, is bleeding pretty much straight forward by using a vacuum pump at the caliper and then making sure that I don't suck the reservoir dry? Is there a link in the forum that I could access where this is discussed? So far, all I have been able to find is information on the ABS III system which is not applicable to my model.....

Thanks in advance for any information.....:wave

Thanks for the reply. I feel so much better about my ability to do a basic flush as opposed to the complicated procedure I've been reading about with the ABSIII System....Way too complicated for a simple Missouri Boy.....

Back