• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuze custom earphones

piperjim

I've found that off-the-shelf earphones won't stay in my ears when I put on my helmet. So, I've been using Fuze custom earphones. They come in a package with a set of earphones and two containers of a type of "putty" material. You put the bare earphones in your ear, then work the putty into your ear, around and over the earphones. After 15 minutes, you have a set of custom earphones, perfect fit for your ears.....all for less than $40.

I just ordered my second set and when I ran into a problem, the folks at Fuze were very responsive and took care of everything. Hats-off..... or maybe that should be "Helmets-off" to a company that not only makes a great product, but also takes care of their customers quickly and professionally!

I got them and I'm happy with them. I ended up ordering a second pair as well because I didn't do a good job fitting the first.

Well worth the price. They serve as both speakers and ear plugs protecting from outside noise.

I got mine today and did the custom-fit thing. They sound good, and the custom molds mean they'll stay in my ears. But I'm not terribly impressed with their ability at abating ambient noise. The test'll be tomorrow on the bike (think I'll take the Harley so it's nice and noisy), but I don't have high hopes. Then again, a custom set is $250, it was worth a shot at $40.

With 60 miles on them, I'm giving the Fuze earphones a "thumbs-down". They stayed in my ears just fine and play music well enough, but are completely unacceptable as earplugs. They'd be fine on an airplane or a train for filtering out background conversations, but they don't block nearly enough motorcycle and wind noise.

I must agree with a thumbs down on the Fuze earplugs. After a while they did not fit well and would slip out. They are a dense material and so did not greatly reduce the noise. Picked up some Klipsch S4 ear phone (ear bud type) and even when not listening to music I wear them to reduce the noise. And with music - the best sound I have ever heard.

Back