• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Instrument and GPS displays randomly go dim

weissed

The GPS and instrument displays randomly go dim (at the same time) for a few minutes, making them unreadable during the day. Has anyone else had this problem? Seems like there is an automatic dimming circuit malfunction. Haven't contacted the dealer yet.

Alright Weissed, now that you know the rules about posting questions regarding your bike I will assume you have a K1600 GT/GTL because that is the sub-cat that you are in. I will also assume it is relatively new because they have only been out for roughly a year. In response to your question, yes I have noticed some dimming of my GPS but nothing to be concerned about. I do not notice anything with the console display though. If both dispalys are dimming to the point of not being readable I suggest you take it to your dealer and have it looked at. It is not a good thing when you can't see your instruments. Have you tried taking your GPS out of the dock and watching your console display to see if it acts up without the GPS? It would be nice to try and separate the systems to see what happens.

Rick H.

Back