• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

SW-MOTECH Crashbars on a F800gs

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Twisted Throttle Recently put on a real nice open house at their new location in Exeter Rhode Island. While there I picked up a set of SW-MOTECH Crashbars for my F800gs.

Here they are in the yellow accent for their demo bike-
11361-150x150.jpg

and the larger picture showing the black color the way they are shipped-

9463-425x350.jpg

Installation instructions are of the pictographic variety so some suggestions-
Sit down with a metric ruler (metric digital caliper if available) and mark all the parts with their corresponding numbers with a Sharpie.
You will need a T50 Torx for the engine to frame bolts, a 13mm and 17mm socket, a 13mm combo wrench, some medium strength thread locker, a long magnetic pick-up tool for the half dozen times you drop one of the spacers and they recommend a torque wrench.

It is recommended that one side be done at a time as you will be removing the upper engine locating bolts.
I would recommend a complete assembly of the bars to the bike with the bolts being taken up all the way, finger tight. This will allow you to make sure you don't have too long a bolt in the wrong hole and allows you to check your bolt location(s).

Once on, assembled and looking good you can remove one side at a time and apply the thread lock and then secure the front.

All looks good, no spare parts, so I should be good to go. These Crashbars have a side mounting hole that they suggest using for highway pegs but may just be a good location for some of TT's Denali LED driving lights. I've had concerns with the popular location point of up near the turn-signals as I think the lights may overpower the actual turn-signal.

HTH. Gary

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4422/723/

Back