• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Roadside Assistance Question

Jboersma

I'm sure this subject has been kicked around a lot, but just wondered what you have for coverage and if you've ever had to use it. It seems we don't have any roadside assistance at this time, so we have to make a decision. I won't be caught without it, no matter what. Thanks in advance for all who want to respond.

Last edited:
I have several but never had to use them. Until, ...
I was in Mexico in March, and ...
When I finally realized, or was told I had to use the 'blue phone' I found that someone with a trailer showed up in about 15 minutes.
They did a fine job and the insurance reimbursed me for their fee.
dc

+1 ama

The FREE (w/auto renewal or 3-yr plan, as BF pointed out) with AMA covers ALL your vehicles, no matter how many wheels they have.

I've used the service when I had a breakdown in the Bay Area (CA), and although limited to a 30-mile radius (or you have to pay a surcharge), it worked GREAT. Fast, good driver, good tilt-bed truck.

Walking Eagle

roadside assistance

I've had to use mine twice over the past 10 years. I've got Allstate RV that covers any vehicle you are using, even as a passenger. Both times, the tows were about 100 miles one way.

At first I got a bit peeved when the operator told me that they would only pay $250. and it would be a lot more. Each time I remembered that the kicker was it was to the nearest qualified repair facility. When I asked them where was the nearest one, they came back and told me the dealer was the closest facility. This last time, the nearest one was a dealer I didn't want to use and asked the difference between it and the one I wanted to use. It was ten miles so the lady approved the difference.

Best,

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

I have roadside assistance with my insurance carrier Progressive. Last year on the way to Bloomsburg, my bike broke down in Parsons, WV. I called them and told them I needed a hook. Long story short they provided a tow to the nearest dealer which was over 200 miles away. Cost to me zero dollars.

Anyone here ever have to use roadside assistance with Foremost Ins?

I wouild be curios about this too. We have Allstate RV because the coverage to the "nearest qualified repair facility" can be several hundred miles and I want it covered. But we have Foremost Insurance on the bikes so I'm curious what they are like.

I used the service from Progressive also-because I locked my keys in my car!
Really cool method to open door far enough to insert snake-like item to hit unlock button on passenger armrest.It is actaully an airbag that they inflate by hand to separate the door form the B pillar.Took all of 3 minutes.They were there within 25 mins on a Wed afternoon.
I dropped them after 6 months because they raised my rates.

I have roadside assistance with my insurance carrier Progressive. Last year on the way to Bloomsburg, my bike broke down in Parsons, WV. I called them and told them I needed a hook. Long story short they provided a tow to the nearest dealer which was over 200 miles away. Cost to me zero dollars.

Foremost Ins

TOWING, ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, AND TRIP INTERRUPTION
571 5 09/08
TOWING AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE COVERAGE
If "your covered motorcycle", "trailer", or "transport trailer"
breaks down, towing and roadside assistance coverage
provides you with a toll-free phone number that you may
use 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in all 50 states and
Canada. Just call the toll-free phone number, explain your
problem and a towinghepair service will get you back on
the road again or to a qualified service facility where
re~ai rsca n be made.
If you request towing or roadside assistance through the
toll-free number, all costs for the covered service, up to
the limit in the Declarations, will be billed to us by the
towing or service facility which assisted you.
If you do not request towing or roadside service
assistance through the toll-free number, but arrange
towing and roadside assistance yourself, we will provide
you with towing and roadside assistance coverage as
defined. In this instance, you must pay the service bills at
the time service is provided and then submit receipts to us
for reimbursement.
We will pay for all reasonable and necessary cost incurred
for each breakdown. We will pay for:
towing to the nearest qualified service facility where
1 TRIP INTERRUPTION COVERAGE
repairs can be made during regular service hours if it
will not run;
labor performed at the place of disablement, including
such things as battery boost, gas, oil, fluid, or water
(we will not pay for the batteries, gas, oil, fluid, or
water); and
services performed by a professional locksmith. I
If you are more than 100 miles from your home when you
have a direct and accidental loss to "your covered
motorcycle" that we pay for in PART D - Coverage for
Damage to Your Motorcycle, and the loss is caused by:
1. theft; or
2. larceny; or
3. contact with bird or animal and "your covered
motorcycle" is disabled and cannot be moved
under its own power; or
4. "collision" and "your covered motorcycle" is
disabled and cannot be moved under its own
power;
we will pay up to $500 per occurrence for lodging, meals,
and transportation costs incurred for each loss. The
amounts we pay are:
up to $100 per day for lodging;
up to $50 per day for meals; and
up to $50 per day for transportation;
for a maximum of four (4) days from the time of loss.
No deductible will apply.
57 1 5 09/08 All other provisions of your policy apply.

Back