• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Track Photos

dukekaboom

One Man Wolfpack
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but how about if all BMWMOAers post their best "bike at the track" photos here? I'll start with this one.

Kent

Attachments

• DSCN9402.jpg
    DSCN9402.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 322
Track Day Photo

Putnam Park at Meridian, Indiana

TrackDayPutnamPark27may12.jpg

Wish I'd had some tassels for the tape on the Aux Lights... :brad

Track time is fun on any motorcycle in good condition!

That's a good one!

Pro photographer??? I hope to have a similar one soon :)

Small Corner Junkie

Pffog,

That's a nice Boxer Cup bike you've got heeled over there. Nice work!

Kent

Pffog,

That's a nice Boxer Cup bike you've got heeled over there. Nice work!

Kent

Bought it to use it, done lots of track days and lots of touring too.

Made this a couple years ago, started the trip with a track day at Mid-Ohio, then headed to the Smokey's for a week.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BY7ArrqhOWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pic 1
With two late '80's Japanese 650cc twin track bikes and one 2007 Euro track bike, it's hard to convince the Spouse and holder-of-the-finances that a new 1000cc Bavarian trackbike is worth the investment.

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 186
Pic 3. Little guy was still a little unsure if this was a size of motorcycle he could fit on or not...

Attachments

• DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 186
I like the boxer with pffog a lot, it's a great shot. I don't have many great track shots, only ones from when I took my track training class. One showing me on the CBR, which is nothing special but I like the bike, and one of me following the instructor in the class. These pictures show what happens when you buy a leather suit before you buy a track bike (red suit, blue bike!).

Track days are a great way to improve your street riding skills far beyond the normal MSF, etc. type training.

cspeed54-00921.jpg

cspeed54-01735.jpg

classrides.com track day 04 and 05 July 2012 VIR

Great Course, Great Class, Great Instructors - 2 days, lots of motorcycles, and NO accidents! I first went to a CLASS session at Gingerman in MI last year and had a great time, and felt SAFE there. The class is well-controlled, the riders are all ladies and gentleman, and it works fantastically well.

My 2012 S1000rr with me aboard after 2 days of instruction - some will note a slight posture error that I seem to make on sportbikes :) but still, it was great! With the connecting rod bolt fix in, my bike was back in break-in mode, limiting me to 9000rpm, still good and kept me concentrating on working lines, etc. instead of WOT through the front straight...well, still kinda want to do that :wow but it will have to wait a bit.

I got a full page of riding improvements and critiques in my notebook to work on from my instructors (Thank you Aaron, Clark, and Fred!!!) and even got the "smooth" comment on the second day. :) Been working on that for a year...

With classrides, I got app. 200 miles on the track in 2 days and did the famous "Ride with Reg" on back of an S1000rr provided by Morton's BMW of Fredericksburg. Thank you Reg and Mortons! I love my S1000rr, but that's the fastest I have ever gone as a passenger and sitting on a shoehorn haha! :wave Passenger accomodations on the 1000rr are...sparse...

IMG_0510.jpg

Here's a German bike that you don't see much of. My son on his MZ Skorpion at Road Atlanta (only his 3rd race ever).

1st pic on the starting line. 2nd pic is screaming out of turn 1 up the hill.

045.jpg

051.jpg

Great Course, Great Class, Great Instructors - 2 days, lots of motorcycles, and NO accidents! I first went to a CLASS session at Gingerman in MI last year and had a great time, and felt SAFE there. The class is well-controlled, the riders are all ladies and gentleman, and it works fantastically well.

My 2012 S1000rr with me aboard after 2 days of instruction - some will note a slight posture error that I seem to make on sportbikes :) but still, it was great! With the connecting rod bolt fix in, my bike was back in break-in mode, limiting me to 9000rpm, still good and kept me concentrating on working lines, etc. instead of WOT through the front straight...well, still kinda want to do that :wow but it will have to wait a bit.

I got a full page of riding improvements and critiques in my notebook to work on from my instructors (Thank you Aaron, Clark, and Fred!!!) and even got the "smooth" comment on the second day. :) Been working on that for a year...

With classrides, I got app. 200 miles on the track in 2 days and did the famous "Ride with Reg" on back of an S1000rr provided by Morton's BMW of Fredericksburg. Thank you Reg and Mortons! I love my S1000rr, but that's the fastest I have ever gone as a passenger and sitting on a shoehorn haha! :wave Passenger accomodations on the 1000rr are...sparse...

IMG_0510.jpg

It was a fun though very hot time. Like you I had a great time again this year and was able with the coaches help to work on a few things to become smoother and perhaps a bit more capable at understanding curves. It is a great venue to work on things if you are willing to put your ego aside and ask for help. The help you then get is very good, to the point, and has results.

I set my odometer at the beginning and it showed just under 300 miles for the two days. Wow and I was getting in the low 20s for gas mileage. :thumb

Nice to have crossed paths with you.

So 1+ on all you said but again a special thanks to the CLASS folks and MORTONS!!!!!

NCS

Back