Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's see your club's new logo.

Quote Originally Posted by DARRYL CAINEY View Post
    This is our logo that was sent in over 9 months ago.

According to BMW guide lines.

In Canada we have to send the logos to the BMW Car Club of Canada, they are our over seeing body.

We can't even get approval from the MOA till it gets approved by the car club.
    Darryl,
    Actually, the MOA *can't* approve your CI design. As a Canada-based club you need to work through BMW Club Canada. I'm aware that several of our Canadian Chartered Clubs have run into difficulty in this process, but unfortunately there's not much we can do at this point.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    Based on our experience with previous submissions I'm not surprised that your design was not approved. The office which approves club logo designs does not approve photographs, and is also particular about designs which they believe will not reproduce well in small sizes. Also, you incorporate the BMW Roundel (logo) in your signet (graphics) area which is specifically prohibited. The only instance of the Roundel is in the upper right corner. That is noted in the logo design documents on the MOA web site. To be clear, I'm not justifying these things - just explaining what we've seen and what we know of the rules.
    The BMW Roundel is not suppose to be there. This is just a sample. But still if they want to reproduce the club cards it doesn't matter if its a picture or a graphic... its still a 4 color process. Even if I posterize the image more it still wont help the printing.
    Tvguy
    Las Vegas, NV.
    "11 R1200RT - "Midnight Madness"
    '02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by tvguylv View Post
    The BMW Roundel is not suppose to be there. This is just a sample. But still if they want to reproduce the club cards it doesn't matter if its a picture or a graphic... its still a 4 color process. Even if I posterize the image more it still wont help the printing.
    Have you read the design requirements available on our web site: http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/chartered...go_guidelines? The issue of reproducibility has to cover many different items from cards to shirts, hats, business cards, etc. Our Chartered Club Coordinator, Paul Mulhern has a lot of experience with the design and approval process, and if you haven't discussed possible changes with him, it might be helpful.
    Greg Feeler

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    Have you read the design requirements available on our web site: http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/chartered...go_guidelines? The issue of reproducibility has to cover many different items from cards to shirts, hats, business cards, etc. Our Chartered Club Coordinator, Paul Mulhern has a lot of experience with the design and approval process, and if you haven't discussed possible changes with him, it might be helpful.
    I did chat with Paul awhile back and he remade the card and submitted a sample but now I can't find it.
    Tvguy
    Las Vegas, NV.
    "11 R1200RT - "Midnight Madness"
    '02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by tvguylv View Post
    I did chat with Paul awhile back and he remade the card and submitted a sample but now I can't find it.
    I would continue to work with him on this. He is doing a great job of a very difficult task. Unfortunately, we do not have any significant control over the nuances of the approval process, including the time to receive a response. The thing is that once this is done it should be a long time before it has to be revisited.
    Greg Feeler

Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Bmwmoga

We built the graphic so that we can swap out different types of bikes.

sorta bummed me out that we had to change our name for the logo... ESPECIALLY since it appears some other clubs were able to get away with breaking the rules.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    ESPECIALLY since it appears some other clubs were able to get away with breaking the rules.
    ....for now!

-tp
    '11 F800R

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    We built the graphic so that we can swap out different types of bikes.

sorta bummed me out that we had to change our name for the logo... ESPECIALLY since it appears some other clubs were able to get away with breaking the rules.
    Still, very nice.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Still, very nice.
    Thanks!

I was Creative Director and our Graphic Designer was the talent behind making it look nice.

What I really did was guide the club through the process so that:

1) we didn't have a logo design contest

2) we didn't second-guess the designer and ruin her work

3) we didn't kill ourselves arguing about it

Believe me, getting good creative through an "organization" is not as easy as it looks. (right, Grafikfeat?)

Ian

We chose this to tie in with our "roadsign", which has been used in club promotion for quite some time. It has also become tied to our yearly Crane Rally!
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein