• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Let's see your club's new logo.

Roy.Jackson55@aol.com

You stupid, fix it!
Love them or hate them they are here to stay. What's your clubs new logo look like.

Attachments

• New OceanStateBMWRiders Logo 5-21-12 001-1.jpg
    New OceanStateBMWRiders Logo 5-21-12 001-1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
bmwbmw-logo2.gif

I like it! :usa

how

When I click on the insert image button nothing happens!

How do I insert the logo?

tks,
jason

Okay, I'm confused. I thought BMW was making everone remove the BMW emblem from club logos. All the club logos above have BMW on them.

The roundel can only be used in the official logo. What is being posted are the club's officially approved logos.

This is our logo that was sent in over 9 months ago.

According to BMW guide lines.

In Canada we have to send the logos to the BMW Car Club of Canada, they are our over seeing body.

We can't even get approval from the MOA till it gets approved by the car club.

Attachments

• 298 Logo.png
    298 Logo.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 188
BMW refused our club card. They didn't like the real photo of the road so I had to posterize it and they still didn't like it.

Attachments

• European MC Owners.jpg
    European MC Owners.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 152
BMW refused our club card. They didn't like the real photo of the road so I had to posterize it and they still didn't like it.

Based on our experience with previous submissions I'm not surprised that your design was not approved. The office which approves club logo designs does not approve photographs, and is also particular about designs which they believe will not reproduce well in small sizes. Also, you incorporate the BMW Roundel (logo) in your signet (graphics) area which is specifically prohibited. The only instance of the Roundel is in the upper right corner. That is noted in the logo design documents on the MOA web site. To be clear, I'm not justifying these things - just explaining what we've seen and what we know of the rules.

This is our logo that was sent in over 9 months ago.

According to BMW guide lines.

In Canada we have to send the logos to the BMW Car Club of Canada, they are our over seeing body.

We can't even get approval from the MOA till it gets approved by the car club.

Darryl,
Actually, the MOA *can't* approve your CI design. As a Canada-based club you need to work through BMW Club Canada. I'm aware that several of our Canadian Chartered Clubs have run into difficulty in this process, but unfortunately there's not much we can do at this point.

Based on our experience with previous submissions I'm not surprised that your design was not approved. The office which approves club logo designs does not approve photographs, and is also particular about designs which they believe will not reproduce well in small sizes. Also, you incorporate the BMW Roundel (logo) in your signet (graphics) area which is specifically prohibited. The only instance of the Roundel is in the upper right corner. That is noted in the logo design documents on the MOA web site. To be clear, I'm not justifying these things - just explaining what we've seen and what we know of the rules.

The BMW Roundel is not suppose to be there. This is just a sample. But still if they want to reproduce the club cards it doesn't matter if its a picture or a graphic... its still a 4 color process. Even if I posterize the image more it still wont help the printing.

The BMW Roundel is not suppose to be there. This is just a sample. But still if they want to reproduce the club cards it doesn't matter if its a picture or a graphic... its still a 4 color process. Even if I posterize the image more it still wont help the printing.

Have you read the design requirements available on our web site: http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/chartered_clubs/bmw_logo_guidelines? The issue of reproducibility has to cover many different items from cards to shirts, hats, business cards, etc. Our Chartered Club Coordinator, Paul Mulhern has a lot of experience with the design and approval process, and if you haven't discussed possible changes with him, it might be helpful.

Have you read the design requirements available on our web site: http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/chartered_clubs/bmw_logo_guidelines? The issue of reproducibility has to cover many different items from cards to shirts, hats, business cards, etc. Our Chartered Club Coordinator, Paul Mulhern has a lot of experience with the design and approval process, and if you haven't discussed possible changes with him, it might be helpful.

I did chat with Paul awhile back and he remade the card and submitted a sample but now I can't find it.

I did chat with Paul awhile back and he remade the card and submitted a sample but now I can't find it.

I would continue to work with him on this. He is doing a great job of a very difficult task. Unfortunately, we do not have any significant control over the nuances of the approval process, including the time to receive a response. The thing is that once this is done it should be a long time before it has to be revisited.

Back