Thread: Springfield Mile

Springfield Mile

Anyone here going to the Springfield Mile? Is there a BMW corral ?

Is there a favorite motel ?.... I have such bad luck with weather getting to S/field...but what the heck?

Two years ago was my last trip, I got caught in a fast & furious hail storm,..thought one stone broke my shoulder. Turned out not to, but hurt for a week.

It would help those of us that are not familiar with the event that you state which Springfield, I know of several....(Where and When?)

James.A
    Every time I go to that event, it rains... So, if I don't go to it, every one else can enjoy the race.
    Talking about the race in Springfield ILL on the memorial day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    It would help those of us that are not familiar with the event that you state which Springfield, I know of several....(Where and When?)

I apoligize, I thought it was famous enough that most were aware of it.

It is a 1 mile dirt, flat-track motorcycle race, held in Springfield ,Ill each year on Memorial Day weekend. It really is neat to see.

Just FYI...it is part of the AMA Flat-track series. The series is held around the country, on 1/4 , 1/2, & mile tracks, in various states / locations. Check out the AMA site if you are interested......

Ron

OK Thanks for the info. I had heard the term in the past but not the details.

Aah Fond memories of youth and the Springfield flat track.. Gary Nixon~~~~Mert Lawwill. My how time flies.
    Jack Watson
    BMWMOA #125089
    2014 K1600GTL
    2013 C650GT