• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Largest Helmet Available

O

OctoberGlory

Hello, I'm new here to the forum as I just bought my first bike in over 25 years. It's a 2001 K1200LTI. I haven't ridden the bike yet as I haven't found a helmet that will fit me. I tried a AFX FX-Magnus in 3XL and a HJC IS-MAX in 3XL with no luck. Just ordered a HJC CL-MAX in 5XL that should be delivered on Monday. I sure hope it fits because I'm running out of options.

Does anyone know where I can find a very large helmet?

Thanks - any help would be appreciated.

Probably its your head 'shape'. I had the same problem....jumbo size in the inexpensive helmets wouldnt even come close.

Decided to spend the coin and went to a dealer that sold Arai. Got an Arai Signet (long oval) and an XL fit like a hat! Most comfortable helmet I have ever wore, because it fits! $500 bucks worth of all day comfort.

measure you head with a tape ... you might not be a 5x
by tape I'm between size L/XL, but due to head shape
it took size XXXL to fit my head until I finally found a motorcycle shop that knew how to fit a helmet. they told me NO way XXXL was correct for my head. way too loose where it count. too tight in spots, causing pain.

ended up with a size XL Bell which fits excellent without pain

Yeah, it's the shape of your head most likely. Have always had that problem with hats and helmets. Got local Honda dealer to order me open face 3x HJC when 2x wouldn't quite do it. Fits great.

:usa

My new one is, ICON;

I am on a GSA so got the Variant model ICON in 3X. Sounds like you are more rare than me, as I too have troubles finding them. I did the HJC flip helmet a while back in 3X, no issues but I destroyed it, as it fell from my pick up truck tailgate when I drove away. Forgot it was there:(. Bad me. Randy:usa

I meant to post this update when my HJC CL-MAX II in 5XL came so I'm doing it now.

I finally found a helmet that fit - thanks HJC! I was so happy when I pushed that helmet down on my big old noggin and it popped on pretty as you please - snug, but not too snug. Then I went to fasten the strap under my chin and got a bit of a scare because there was "just enough" strap to fasten the helmet securely.

I've been using it for about 5 weeks now and love the adjustable chinbar, the ease in changing the shield from clear to smoke and how the shield stays notched in place as it's opened in varying degrees. Last helmet I had was a full face Bell back in the 70's and it didn't have all this fancy stuff - sure is nice.

I have a CL-Max II also, only in 2XL. I'm pretty pleased with it. I tried on a bunch of helmets including Shoei's, etc. and the HJC fit the best. And it was on sale...

Back