• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Chicken Rally

sdpc2

this will be my first time going, and am looking for any local info about what to expect at the rally, the area, or places that can't be missed.

BTW: is there WiFi at the sight? :ear

TIA

The things I would not miss:
The Barber museum is an easy trip within a day's ride back and forth.
There is an "Unclaimed Baggage" sales outlet relatively close. forgot the name of the town. Worth going there. If not for buying anything but just for browsing
around.
Make sure you be there in time for food. Especially on opening day. Chicken goes fast and you may not get anything anymore.

The things I would not miss:
The Barber museum is an easy trip within a day's ride back and forth.
There is an "Unclaimed Baggage" sales outlet relatively close. forgot the name of the town. Worth going there. If not for buying anything but just for browsing
around.
Make sure you be there in time for food. Especially on opening day. Chicken goes fast and you may not get anything anymore.

"Unclaimed Baggage" store is in Scottsboro, about 40 miles east. Another great ride is to the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn. another great day ride(maps available at the rally for this and several other rides.) Also the Redstone Missile Arsenal is just down the street from the rally site. There may also be some "guided" rides. Don't worry about there not being enough chicken, there's always enough every day for lunch and dinner. Enjoy and bring your appetite. Also don't forget to buy some tickets for the 2012 BMW G650 GS to be raffled off at the rally Saturday evening. And you need not be present to win.

Chicken Rally

I really enjoy this rally and this was my second time to attend. I met some really nice folks and there was more food than a person could eat. The volunteers work their butts off cooking cleaning and running the show. No rally compares to the meals for the cost, great deal! Oh, I won the Hermit chair only after I bought one at the North Georgia rally which is another great one to attend. I'll make 4 this year, Virginia and back in January attended Jacksonville, Fl.:

Try the Blue Plate Cafe for breakfast or lunch if coming back fro Space Museum, expect a line.

Back