• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vintage Racing takes it up a notch or ten...

paulsibek

Vintage Racing at Willow Springs took a new turn this weekend. As fun as this event is, it was taken up a notch when former greats Gary Nixon, Jay Springsteen and Reg Pridmore made appearances.

Nixon and Pridmore raced and The Springer lent support to the Nixon Team.

Nixon raced a Triumph Trident (and Thruxton) and had an unbelievable race against Scott Jennings on a Rocket III, with Jennings winning by maybe two feet. In their next race ScottÔÇÖs bike seemed to have some problems which prevented him from being competitive and Nixon won by about one hundred yards.

After Nixons races I spent some time in his garage area yakiing it up with Gary, Jerry the bike owner and The Springer. All three were friendly, inviting and gracious. Naturally I asked for a received autographs on my BMW hat. Springer was exceptionally cool, very friendly. I mentioned a good friend of mine, Skip Van Leeuwen and both Nixon and Springer had anecdotes to share.

This was the best ÔÇ£Moto CorsicaÔÇØ to date and I for one will continue to attend especially if there is a chance to see some legends in the races. This is what it should be all about, old bikes and famous racers, family & dealer teams and some fabulous hardware too.

A Britten was there, owned by a team but not raced. Up close itÔÇÖs really a piece of work. There was a non-raced ÔÇ£Yamaha BuellÔÇØ , a super sport V-Max in all black, nasty looking. Some great old Guzzis, a Ducati 750SS and the typical lot of Matchless, Nortons, Triumphs, Vincents, BMWÔÇÖs and so much more.

This is an art of the motorcycle where you can watch them race, touch them and even sit on a few here and there.

Next year IÔÇÖve decided to motorhome it with full compliment of BBQ, music et al. See you there.

Back