• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Logging On Issues

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
I've sent a message to the MOA staff member I believe to be the proper person to address my issue and perhaps this will be resolved soon, but I have not heard back as of yet. Being an inpatient sort, I thought I'd post about my problem in hopes that there is a simple home solution.

I normally use two computers and an iPhone to view the forum. On all three devices I store the log-in information so that I'm in whenever I go to the MOA site. A few weeks ago on one of the computers I logged-out for some reason and now I cannot log back in on that computer. I enter the correct ID and password and the MOA home page says "Hello AKBeemer" and if I go to Account Management it says, "Hello Kevin Huddy", but when I go to the Forum it displays the page indicating I'm not logged in. Well now the same thing has happened to my iPhone and I'm down to one computer that will allow me access to the Forum. I've tried to log-on from other computers and I get the same mixed results.

Now, of course, this mess is probably of my own making. Just before the problem began I tried to change my user name. "AKBeemer" seems inappropriate since we have moved away from Alaska. I went through the process to make the change online and the problems began soon thereafter. The MOA site does not seem to recognize the new ID I tried to establish and when I go through the "Find Me" process it still comes up with AKBeemer being associated with my name and other data.

Any ideas out there about how I might resolve this issue?

Who have you contacted? I'd give Jeff Betz a direct call...nip this in the bud!

BTW...I see three usernames with you linked to them...plus another Huddy, maybe your SO? Two of the three that is associated with you have a very high MOA number...the other has a very low MOA number.

Sometimes old retained login info is "stuck" in a cookie file. If you can clear that, the cookie with the new info gets recognized. Jeff in the office is real good with this kind of problem if it persists. Good luck.

I spoke with Jeff and he is making progress on solving the problem. Could not ask for a better response from the MOA staff.

Whats up with the security certificate??? When I log in the message comes up that the moa site has a expired security certificate?? Little explaining please.:scratch

Whats up with the security certificate??? When I log in the message comes up that the moa site has a expired security certificate?? Little explaining please.:scratch

I've not seen that. But I just tried to login with a test account and got a "nasty" looking screen. Just talked with Jeff in the office. It seems we dropped through a crack...we have a long term security certificate but it was not updated as we expected. It should be taken care of soon, if not today. HTH...

Back