• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riders needed for Portland, OR Marathon May 20, 2012

RobStar

I need 4-5 riders with two-up experience to carry photographers/TV for the Portland, Oregon Rock-n-Roll marathon Sunday May 20 from 7:00a until 11:00a.

These are fairly compensated positions for rider and bike plus a chance to have some fun on a closed course in a very family oriented event.

** You must be extremely comfortable and experienced riding two-up at very slow speeds. **

The definition of slow speed is slightly faster than walking. The pro runners go much faster but we spend a lot of time covering the citizen / amateur fields too. Riding two-up means you will likely have a full sized adult male on the back of your bike squirming around to get the best shots at 3-5 mph. We spend just as much time stopped and waiting for our photographers to get a preselected shot from the side of the road.

Your bike must be in excellent working condition, serviced and clean. Helmets and full safety gear are required as well. No loud mufflers, that's why I prefer fellow Beemer riders. If your drivers license record reads longer than a menu at a Chinese restaurant or you have a DUI history that would not work. :violin

Prior experience riding in organized events is a plus of course.

Please contact me directly ASAP for complete details, NOT via this forum or PMs. My email address is:

robert *at* starling.com

Thank you for your consideration and thank you to the mods for helping me find the right section to post this.

RobStar
Robert Starling
Las Vegas, NV
MBR# 152172

Thanks for the responses!

All positions for Portland have been filled. Thank you!

Next race up in the PNW is Seattle June 23rd. I'll post that about three weeks out.

All the best!

Robert

Back