• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shipping Gear To Rally

tourunigo

Who do I contact regarding UPS to rally site? - Bob

Backgrounder: We want to ship our camping gear from Mass. but notice that nothing should arrive before Wednesday the 18th. Our difficulty here is that we intend to travel light to do the Sedalia1000 and then be involved in some set-up duties (and beer slinging). UPS says six days delivery which is fine but we arrive (if all goes well) on Monday with tent set up on Tuesday. Can we send for tent and gear arrival for that Monday?

Yo Bob!

Bob... will UPS hold it for you at THEIR distribution depot in Sedalia?
You MAY be able to pick it up there locally on Tuesday.
OR .... Will the fairgrounds office accept it for you?
Many from the MOA will be there Monday on...
The RV park/camp on site will be packed!
Seems a tougher problem is the shipping in a timely manner from MASS.???
Especially since your on a IBA SS excursion !
Three Bowl John... Salty Fog 2011 Rally ... & proud of-it!

Bob... will UPS hold it for you at THEIR distribution depot in Sedalia?
You MAY be able to pick it up there locally on Tuesday.
OR .... Will the fairgrounds office accept it for you?
Many from the MOA will be there Monday on...
The RV park/camp on site will be packed!
Seems a tougher problem is the shipping in a timely manner from MASS.???
Especially since your on a IBA SS excursion !
Three Bowl John... Salty Fog 2011 Rally ... & proud of-it!

I'm sure that something can be worked out at the rally site but your idea about UPS holding is a good suggestion. Our gear is already in Mass. and friends will ship out six days prior to our arrival. We don't usually travel light so this ought to be a treat for us and a relief for our 20 yr old K. - Bob

Per the rally home page:

Shipping to the Rally?
Label all packages as follows:

Your Name
BMW MOA Rally
Missouri State Fairgrounds
2503 West 16th
Sedalia, MO 65301

Packages should be shipped to arrive not earlier than Wednesday July 11th.

You should be able to pick your items up (hopefully) as early as Monday at the rally.

Per the rally home page:

Shipping to the Rally?

Your Name
BMW MOA Rally
2503 West 16th
Sedalia, MO 65301

You should be able to pick your items up (hopefully) as early as Monday at the rally.

Awesomeness.

Per the rally home page:

Shipping to the Rally?

Your Name
BMW MOA Rally
2503 West 16th
Sedalia, MO 65301

ho ho..... my comprehension was waaaay out of step with the reality :blush I kept seeing Wednesday as the 18th. I'm ok now....... really. Thanks Sue for giving my head a shake.

(funny side note: Mary was standing next to me as I read the info again...and again. She observed, "Sue says the 11th not the 18th Bozo". sigh)

- Bob

There is also a UPS Store in Sedalia that offers package recieving services. They are open 8-6pm daily and 9-4 on Saturdays, 1/2 mile from fairgrounds. Thier # is 660 826-0700 , email store1633@theupsstore.com

The UPS distribution depot is only open 9am-10am and 5pm-5:30pm Mon-Frid

The UPS Store thier will also be set up as a vendor at the rally for shipping items back home during or after the rally.

There is also a UPS Store in Sedalia that offers package recieving services. They are open 8-6pm daily and 9-4 on Saturdays, 1/2 mile from fairgrounds. Thier # is 660 826-0700 , email store1633@theupsstore.com

The UPS distribution depot is only open 9am-10am and 5pm-5:30pm Mon-Frid

The UPS Store thier will also be set up as a vendor at the rally for shipping items back home during or after the rally.

thanks for that info. Great resource and generally quite affordable. Our gear will be making a return trip as well. I wonder if they'll ship my old K back when I win one of those bikes :bolt - Bob

The Rally Receiving Committee will be on site Monday and will start organizing the received stuff. Many vendors are also shipping stuff. If the rally will let UPS, FedEx deliver, we will receive. Check the rally map to see where the receiving building will be located.

Ben & Karen
Receiving Chairs

The Rally Receiving Committee will be on site Monday and will start organizing the received stuff. Many vendors are also shipping stuff. If the rally will let UPS, FedEx deliver, we will receive. Check the rally map to see where the receiving building will be located.

Ben & Karen
Receiving Chairs

Thanks for that specific reminder. Helpful. - Bob

Back