• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Seat Technology

For fun, after meeting Bill Mayer at the Rally, we decided to send the GSA's extra low seat and pillion seat to Bill to see what he can do to make it more comfortable. Mind you I have ridden the bike all day for hundreds of miles. My seat, is actually off the lowered suspension R1200R model. It is quite a bit lower than the low seat that BMW sells for the GSA. I have that one too.

So we get home ,and UPS my seats to ... wait for it ....Rick Mayer. Let's not discuss how I did that. He calls yesterday. He's got my seats, and is ready to go to work on them, but does not have any idea what to do them as he has no work order. Hmmm :doh

So a few phone calls later and now Rick is going to ship my seats to Bill. I think I will look into getting a seat from Rick too. Then I can compare them. And if I don't like either of them, I guess I will just buy another extra low BMW seat. After all, I've got 30,000 miles on the one I shipped to Bill, I mean Rick, I meant Bill. :twirl

Bmw announces a new seat ergonomics guru!!!!!

After years of complaints about uncomfortable seats, our friends in Munich are addressing the problem head on!!!

BMW Motorrad is proud to announce the recent hiring of a world renowned seat expert. She is Dr. Hilda Von Diesel, MP*. Dr Diesel is perhaps the worlds foremost practioner in the art of pain training. It is Dr. Diesel's firm belief that "Dere ist no such ting as da bad seat, only da bad hiney". To rectify the problem here in the states, Dr. Diesel will be establishing "SCHPANKINK CLINICS" at a BMW Motorrad Retailer near you.
If you are having issues with seat comfort, please call BMW Customer Service to schedule your Schpankink. Ve haf vays to make you enjoy dis!

Sincerely,

BMW Customer Relations

*= Mistress of Pain

Guys. Here is an update on my new Bill Mayer seats for my GSA. After I actually got the seats to Rocky's (Brother Rick sent them to him), Rocky added about 1/2 foam, reshaped the seat making it a bit wider, and then covered all with leather. He also added more cushion to the pillion seat, reshaped it, and recovered it. Fast turn around as within a few days of receiving the seats, Rocky was shipping them back to me.

I have since put a couple of 300+ mile days on the rider seat. Remember that I thought the extra-low seat was acceptable before. And have had some days of 700 to about 900 miles on it. This seat is way more comfortable. I don't squirm around on the seat as much as I did before. It seems fine with one exception, which is not Rocky's fault.

My 30" inseam now plays a bigger part in the picture as the seat is wider in the back half and the extra 1/2" foam has left me a bit more elevated than I used to be. So this look like I may now look at lowering the suspension about an inch just to get me back into my comfort zone

Otherwise, Rocky has doen a great job with the seats. Some day, I promised Rick Mayer I would try one of his seats too. Both seem like really great guys.

Attachments

• New-Bill-Mayer-seats-are-great-Ti.jpg
    New-Bill-Mayer-seats-are-great-Ti.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 38
Back