• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tipped bike over this morning

honeybunny

I tipped my 2001 R1100SA Light over this morning on the way to work. The paint on the engine was scratched and the right piece of plastic that runs along the seat is loose (I'll look at it better tonight). This is just superficial, but the tail light is demolished :banghead. Before I call a dealership and order a new tail light, I thought I could pick up some tips from you guys. Is there a cheaper route than a dealership?
Right now I could cry because this was a pristine machine before I bought it.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Duckster

Many of us, including me, have done the same or similar. You are unharmed, your bike is repairable. More importantly, what happened and what did you learn?

There's always a cheaper way than the dealer, if you just want parts.
Josh. 11319, and queretaro have said just about everything.

Sooner or later, they all fall over, they're just two tired after all.

It's all good.
Not to worry.
Next time, post a pic.

Many of us, including me, have done the same or similar. You are unharmed, your bike is repairable. More importantly, what happened and what did you learn?

Yea Man, you described a classic. Don't let it bring you down for long. Glad to see you sharing it on BMWMOA instead of OBITS.

I have had good luck with Re-Psycle and dealt with them for more than 15 years.

Recently, my dealer put me on to pinwallcycle.com in Massillon, Ohio. I picked up a used fuel tank for my 1998 K1200RS for a more than fair price. My dealer, Mathias BMW, has had good experience with them.

Pinwall sells parts for all kinds of bikes and has a much greater BMW part inventory than I expected.

answers

I was driving on a foggy morning and I was about to turn on the road when a light came out of the fog. I hit the brakes and the momentum tipped me over. Better than being hit by the car. West Texas is very scary to drive in the fog.
Why was I driving in the fog. I check the weather channel before I ride every time to check temperatures, winds and fog. There was no mention of fog.
I ended up buying tail lights at A & S Cycles for $42 per light. A lot less than a Harley :brad

Duckster

Back