• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Natchez Trace Parkway suggestions??

Gbear07

For my first 'big' ride I am going North to South on the Natchez Trace Parkway and then back. I am fairly new to riding (just took class in October) so I am going to take it slow and easy for my first solo trip. Has anyone done this ride? Is there anything that I don't want to miss? I will be camping too, which I have never done either so camping suggestions are also welcomed.:wave

Suggestions please.

Just have a good time and see the various sites. Plan on 45mph average. No stop signs and beautiful scenery. (did it last week)

Speed limit is 50mph but every curve can be done @ 60mph with cruise on. (think gentle)

Really nice relaxing ride that can make you think you went back in time

Just have a good time and see the various sites. Plan on 45mph average. No stop signs and beautiful scenery. (did it last week)

Speed limit is 50mph but every curve can be done @ 60mph with cruise on. (think gentle)

Really nice relaxing ride that can make you think you went back in time

How long did it take? Did you go the entire length?

Sounds like exactly what I need to get my feet wet!

Unless something has recently changed watch your speed! The parkway is patrolled by Park Police and a speeding ticket is federal and expensive. Other than that enjoy as no cross traffic to worry about and no big trucks. Get off at Fly, TN to see the Fly General Store. You can also get to The Farm which is an old hippie Commune. You can get a really cool tye dye shirt there and see other blasts from the past http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Farm_(Tennessee)

Just like Kevin said watch your speed very expensive tickets. Don't fall asleep it's a very boring ride. Ride it only in daylight hours not at dawn, dusk or at night. There are way to many horned rodents on the parkway after daylight DAMHIK.

you can make it from the top to the end in one day if the weather is nice. i believe there is a state park near the end you might consider your camping there. turkey and deer are plentiful. enjoy the historical stops about indians and other interesting. meriwether lewis of lewis and clark fame died somewhere in the northern part.

midway there are some cool indian mounds. in the southern part there is a place to turn around! :)

I made it in a day w/o too much trouble but I was exceeding the 50mph speed limit by 5-8mph all day and only stopped for a few short breaks. (apple/soda/venison jerky). If I was camping I'd probably do 100-150 after work and the rest the next day. Would give plenty of time for sightseeing

Back