• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Boots Q

Walking Eagle

Greetings,

UPDATE: My Beloved went up to the Ruidoso (NM) Rally yesterday, and got a screaming deal on some Roadgear WOMEN'S boots - sorry, not sure of the name of the model, but these are VERY well-made items, and would deserve a look for those interested in WOMEN-specific Euro-style boots. The vendor was "packing-up" on the last day of the Rally, and -- these were the perfect size, and constituted the one of only two pair of "Euro-style" boots amid a sea of Harley-centric, fashion-first, function-second, stacked-heel, I need a new whip with this, footgear.

THANK YOU ALL for your suggestions, and trying them on made all the difference, as the indicated "sizes" on various brands are a real crap-shoot, as many have noted here.

* * * W.E. * * *

Women, I need your help. Time for new boots for my beloved S.O., and she fearlessly rides pillion on (mostly) western U.S. roads.

The two main models that we've looked at online are:

Gaerne Black Rose, for around $160, and
Tourmaster Women's Solution 2.0 Waterproof Tour Boots, universally sold at $107.99. (Some "mixed" customer reviews on this one - mostly around inconsistent sizing.)

No real sizing issues - 7M(B). She's had lace-up "military" style boots to date, but wants zips, and comfortable walking footwear. NO stacked heels, please.

Any input welcome -- price is secondary, although I'd like to keep it under $200.

As an aside, I just spent about an hour looking at women's motorcycle footwear, and am astounded at the variety offered when a woman rides a Harley. Not very much variety when one favors the "Euro look," and when FUNCTION trumps FORM.

Thank you, and Big Love goes out to each and every one of you precious jewels.

Walking Eagle

Last edited:
Boots

Check out the TCX waterproof boot made for women or the BMW All Days which are also waterproof. Both are very good boots and you can find them for around $200, I think.

If money is no object - my SO loves her Daytona Ladystar GTX boots available at http://www.helimot.com/ Great quality leather/Gortex combo - made in Germany. Very pricey at US$449.95...

Last edited:
These are my first pair that I bought about 4 or 5 years ago - they are still comfortable and I ride them mainly in the winter.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=44790

This is the second pair that I bought in the summer of 2010 - they are a little more light weight but they are great! I rode through a huge rain storm last weekend (7 1/2 hours of continous rain) and my feet were completely dry! (it is nice to know that they are still waterproof) This pair has about 40K miles on them and they are still doing great!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/45/12280/ITEM/TCX-Womens-Sunray-GTX-Boots.aspx

The one thing that I would definitely recommend, is to do your best to get her somewhere to try them on. You can always order them online later but at least know if they fit well and feel comfortable. The sizing and style vary so much that it's worth the time to try them on.

Good luck!

Plus,laces are not recommended for their unfortunate habit of catching on something,when that is very awkward or inconvenient.For rider or pillion.

I'm on my second pair of Oxtar Sunray boots. I usually wear them when teaching the MSF course and walk an average of 7 miles on the range. At the end of the day, they are still very comfortable.

I love my Alpinestars - fairly reasonable price, well made, comfortable, waterproof, and RED!

Voni
sMiling

Back