Thread: Day Trip to Baden-Baden, Germany

dude987

Day Trip to Baden-Baden, Germany

Day trip through the Black Forrest to Baden-Baden. Locals and tourists alfresco dining, shopping, and mingling in a cultural/retail setting with live group playing Native American music. Who would have thought in Germany of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMfRMcNJ8GQ

Wow, that made me home sick !

Need to get back more often for sure.

dude987
    Barvaria, Garmisch, Black Forrest = gods country. There are many back twisty roads with small towns and settlements nestled in crevices throughout the Black Forrest. The rustic beauty of this place is truly amazing. Planning a trip through Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and back to Garmish, Germany this summer.

Sorry. Didn't mean to make you home sick. Your really should visit more often.

No big deal,
    I just did a SKYPE call with my daughter and family yesterday and i always get a little homesick when i do that.

My German family lives in a small village Graffenrheinfeld, just outside of Schweinfurt.

I went there as a 17 year old American soldier, stayed for 7 years, then came back to America. Moved back to Germany and lived there another 6 years before returning here.

Since i was so young and actually did most of my real growing up there i consider it a second home. I am as comfortable there as any place I have lived.
    Spent the majority of my business career going back and forth to Europe and kept a place in Germany most of the time.

If my finances were stronger i would visit more often than i do. I could actually see me living there again, but my wife prefers to live here.

Thanks for posting the video, I enjoyed it.
    Doug

dude987
    Doug,

Small world. Thanks for sharing your interesting story. So much to see and do. Historical sites ranging from the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Middle Ages, Renaissance, and WWII. Just glad to be here experiencing all that Germany has to offer.

Ciao,
    Kevin

That really does make me home sick. I lived in Germany for 4 years in the Army and I go back to ride whenever I can. What a beautiful country!
    2015 R nineT
    2014 Triumph Scrambler

Reminds me of our bike trip to Europe a couple years back. Can't wait to go back.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

dude987
    BMW Motorrad Days is having their Swiss Alps tour Jul 5th to 14th this year.

http://www.ronayres.com/Europe_MotorradDays.aspx

Motorcycle bliss!