• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2013 Rally Location

bmwgsrider

I know the board had their meeting today and was on webcast... I think they were gonna talk about 2013 rally... did anyone watch... just wondering if next years location was announced. Does anyone know and if so, where?

Wow, Oregon must be a hit. 2001 and 2010 were in Redmond, Oregon and now, 2013 in Salem. It is a beautiful state. I made the 2001 National. I've got a year to think about Salem. Planning Missouri for now.

Never been to Oregon, but I am planning to visit now in 2013! Should we start the weather discussion thread now? ;)

Mid-July weather in Salem is typically warm and dry. Expect temps from the mid 60s to mid 80s. It's usually a bit cooler at the coast or in the Cascades at higher elevations. July is a comfortable month in the Willamette valley.

Until I retire the west coast is a tad out of reach. Company policy is five weeks of vacation a year, but max of two weeks at a time. Hardly leaves any time for exploring the area unless I slab it there and back.

So for now, west coast rallies are something to look forward to when I'm stuck at home and my wife tells me to go play in the street.

Loving Oregon:)

BUT, I am surprised by the selection, second one in Oregon, such a short time from Redmond? I figured Colorado or North/South of there to be in order again. I like Oregon, always a fine choice. Many won't make it, however from the East, if they came to Redmond and Redmond was VERY fine a rally. Just too soon for many, I'm afraid to ride far west to see the same stuff. Hope not, because the state has sooooooo much to offer, all great. Randy:thumb

Just an hour and a half to the Pacific. Great choice. Nothing beats riding on the Oregon Coast! Spent thirty five years in state of Washington. I will be there!

Jack

Sounds good to me. I missed the Redmond Rally in 2010 but rode out to Shady Cove, OR in August of 2010.. 6450 miles in 13 days (including 1 rest day in Copperas Cove, TX). Loved every minute of the trip and will have more time in 2013 as I will retire 31/Dec/2012.

3 weeks west

Wouldn't it be nice to "line up" a "string" of Rally's before & after the MOA?
Much like the Top of Rockies does each year. Handy for us east of the MS River
when traveling the big country west. Maybe catch a Red Rock Rndevous or a
Stanley Stomp the weekend before. Possibly the AB, Canada (for those that
qualify for international travel :brow ) Rocky Bow LF gig. Some kind of line up
that allows travel progression, with time to "stop & smell the roses"; you get
the idea?

Just an hour and a half to the Pacific. Great choice. Nothing beats riding on the Oregon Coast! Spent thirty five years in state of Washington. I will be there!

Jack

+1, Gunny; we fully agree with Jack H. on Oregon being a great choice for the 2013 MOA Rally and with Salem being the perfect location; The Stanley Boys will be there!

Darn....I was going to go. But it will be the third weekend in July. Same date as AMA Vintage Days. Too bad. Will not make it to Salem:violin

Back