• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

17 th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
Absolutely the best kept, but usually sold out, secret in the local BMW camping universe. I haven't advertised this event for about the past seven years, outside of a small circle of friends, due to the limited attendance of about 120 people.

This year we are changing the dates to one week earlier than usual, so I have decided to advertise. The dates have changed, not the event, the fantastic food, the excellent venue, or the great value. Space is still limited, so if you are interested in attending, don't wait too long to send a check to reserve a space in the 80 foot long buffet line for the Saturday night dinner.

Hope to see you there.

PLEASE NOTE NEW DATES FOR THIS YEAR !!!

17TH ANNUAL "AIRHEADS AT THE AERODROME" CAMPOUT
Mid Hudson Valley, New York
June 15-17,2012

This year we will be celebrating our seventeenth year of fun at Dutchess County Wilcox Park, located one mile east of the Taconic Parkway on Route 199 in Milan, NY.

Come join us for two nights camping with lots of shaded camping space.
Clean restrooms, free hot showers, covered pavilion, swimming lake, boating and fishing lake, fields, hiking trails and many great local riding roads. Renowned Chef Karla will once again prepare her fabulous Saturday night steak dinner (ONLY for those whose pre-paid pre-registrations are postmarked by 1 June 2012). There are restaurants and stores about 8 miles east in Pine Plains, NY or 10 miles west in Rhinebeck, NY for those who choose not to pre-register or wish to fix their own meals. Cooking and campfires on site are permitted.

All brands of motorcycles are welcome, not just BMW airheads, but please, NO LOUD PIPES. There will also be an informal swap meet for those who wish to bring along motorcycle related parts to sell. Swap meet vendor spaces are free. You can still ride to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome on Saturday afternoon for an amazing air show. (Air show admission not included in the rally fee, www.oldrhinebeck.org) This year we will also offer the choice of a self-guided ride to the 85,000 sq. ft. Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh, NY featuring over 300 motorcycles and other attractions, like a Wall of Death ride. www.motorcyclepediamuseums.com. This new attraction is to motorcycling what the Aerodrome is to flying! Not to be missed!

Motor home/camper electrical and water hookup spaces are limited, so please request early. Parking for four wheelers and trailers is available on site. Contact me for local lodging information for the camping challenged. Note: Campers, motor homes and trailers are not permitted on the Taconic Parkway. Contact me for alternate routes to the site.

Last year, once again, we had to turn a few people away at the gate because this event is that good and space is still limited. EARLY pre-registration is strongly suggested! DonÔÇÖt wait, mail your check today.

Cost for the weekend camping (including Saturday night dinner for the
pre-registered) is only $25.00 per person, children 12 and under are
admitted free. Please make your checks out to ÔÇ£Michael FriedleÔÇØ All BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Questions, directions, information or to pre-register, Michael Friedle, 8 College Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603; 845-473-1337; mfriedle@verizon.net. Please include an e mail address, or phone number, with your check so I may confirm your registration. See you there soon.

Michael, Karla and Alice Friedle

17 th Aerodrome gathering

Sorry you can't join us again this year Holly, but I know we'll be seeing you again.

Friedle

See you in a couple of days

Mike.

Looking forward to another wonderful time with a bunch of friends.... :thumb

17th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering

That should be such a great time and I wish I saw this post earlier. Just went to the Rhinebeck Antique Motorcycle and Machinery Show (Northeast Nationals) at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds this past weekend. And went to the AeroDrome as well where I took a 15-20 minute ride in a WW1 era bi-plane. Amazing facility and where else in the world can you see so many vintage planes that run & fly and actually take a ride in one. Best $75 I have spent in a long, long time. Think /2 with wings.
Gorgeous area to ride and visit. Enjoy.

mike wex
'96 r1100rt

17th annual Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering

Thanks for all the support and interest in the 17th annual Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering. Once again we are completely sold out, as has become the norm! I am under no illusion that people come therre to see me. I fully recognize that people keep coming back for the really nice facilities, the great mix of attendees, the local attractions, but mostly to partake in the 80 foot long buffet dinner prepared by the fabulous Chef Karla and her crew.

This year it even looks like Mother Nature has bestowed her bounty on us for the weekend. If you didn't get a reservation made in time this year, don't wait so long next year!

Michael, Karla and Alice Friedle

17th annual Airheads at the Aerodrome

Many thanks to the 130 plus people, another "sold out" crowd, who joined us for the 17th edition of the Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering last weekend.

The weather could not have been better, the site was in fine shape, swap meet vendors did a brisk business, great starlit evening skies with small campfires surrounded by happy campers and a fine evening of music on Saturday after dinner provided by Bill and Andy. Lots of people out riding exploring all the Hudson Valley and the Catskills have to offer, and lots of others just lounging around the campground enjoying the swimming lake.

Oh yes, there was also another superb dinner prepared by the fabulous chef Karla and her crew that left the serving tables sagging and our guests filled to capacity. If you didn't have enough to eat it was your own fault, and that included the separate dessert table filled with baked goods and fresh fruit. But wait, there's more! Fresh brewed free coffee ready early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. We even provided cups in case you forgot your own.

If you weren't there, you missed another fine event. Next year we will be returning for the 18th edition to our traditional dates of the weekend after Fathers Day.

Speed safely

Friedle

Back