• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

1st Time BMW Owner and Member

mwevans23

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope I have a chance to meet new people, experience new things, contribute and get assistance!!

Welcome to the club and forum! Can you tell us a little about your ride, what you like about it, and what sort of riding you're looking to do?

My Ride

Sorry for the lack of details - I wasn't sure what to say in the intro. Anyway, my story is a little different than most probably:
I began riding when I was 6 years old - Raced Motocross until I was in my mid teens. Then I got my first street bike at 17 before my car!! it was awesome and I fell in love with the adventures and connection you could have with the road etc...
Owned Kawasakis, Yamahas, Hondas and my father and I (may he RIP), rebuilt a '78 Triumph Bonneville, which lead me to falling in love with cruisers.
Unfortunately, my ex didn't like motorcycles and so I sold mine in '96 and hadn't ridden again until last year.

After renting bikes and testing, I settled on the K1200LT, bought my first one mid February and two rides later (which was 2 weeks), I had a wreck and totaled it :dunno Perfect day, ,perfect weather etc....

So, I got the insurance money and bought my second 1200LT 2 weeks ago and still in love. Like many others - I love the idea of no place to go and hidden roads otherwise unseen. The chance to see something so unique and remote maybe only a few if any had seen it!

Sunday Biker's Breakfast

Greetings,18055,
Sorry to hear about your get-off, but I am glad to see you jump back on a new bike!:)
I have "exchanged" my bikes with insurance a couple of times :thumb and my friends just shake their heads:scratch

Now that you have joined the BMW family, why don't you come to the Sunday Biker's Breakfast? It is held at Carolina Brewery & Grill in Pittsboro,NC every Sunday 9-12. It is located at the intersection of US 15-501 and US 64 bypass (exit 383), right next to the Lowe's Home Improvement mega-store. Sponsored by a BMWMOA club (Gonzo Touring Team #247), we have lots of BMW's around and a bunch of all sorts of motorcycles gather together and drink coffee:dance It's a easy ride from the middle of the Piedmont.

Thanks

Appreciate the Welcomes and I will plan to spend some Sunday breakfasts with you. Do rides take place from there?

Sunday Biker's Breakfast

We usually have a nice ride to get to the breakfast, and you find folks to make a nice ride after breakfast. Not a lot of organizing, just fraternizing of bike folks.

I look forward to having you @ breakfast. Ask around for "Rev. Willie", most of the folks will steer me or you to meet up. Welcome to the family!

Back