• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Blue Ridge Parkway Suggestions

Ain't that the truth !

I get asked all the time by friends from other states about which road to take where, or is there a better road.
My standard reply now is , they are all good, some just a bit better than others, & no I don't remember which one is or was better and mostly i don't know where I picked it up or got off.

Just ride , look and enjoy.
We who live here are in M/C nirvana.

Pisgah Inn

I'm leading a small group on a two week trip this September. Skyline Drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway, down to Charleston, then home via the Outer Banks. I did this ride solo several years ago, and I'm pumped to hit it again.

We'll definitely hit the usual suspects - Deal's Gap, Cherahola Skyway, etc.

I assume quite a few MOA folks have chewed up some miles around the southern end of Parkway and NC/TN, and I'd love to pick your brains. I'm wide open to suggestions for awesome riding and funky roads, tasty restaurants, scenic photo ops, romantic make-out spots (yes, it's that kind of group...well, it is in my head) and other noteworthy stuff that only people who've been there/done that can recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Asheville: Hwy 25 W to Biltmore House and Village, and the new BMW MC Shop right in the same neighborhood.

S of Asheville between Hwy 191 and Hwy 276 you will find The Pisgah Inn. Overnight accommodations, with outstanding views. Also, a great first class, glass-fronted restaurant. And, on the same grounds, a convenience store (no gas), with rocking chairs. Most bikes riding the parkway there stop by to use the clean restrooms, buy souvenirs or just hang out and chew the fat.

Loop: 60 mins, west on Hwy 276 south of Pisgah Inn toward Waynesville, NC. You'll pass The Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, by the way. Travel west to the intersection of Hwy 276/215. Turn left, and that will take you to the parkway again.

Or, another loop there: Head east on Hwy 276 toward Brevard. Stop at The Cradle of Forestry, Vanderbilt established, on down to Brevard. Go south on Hwy 64 past Rosman, NC, turn W on Hwy 215 back to the parkway. Beautifully paved road. Longer loop of maybe 2 hours. Brevard, NC, is a very cosmopolitan small town, and you'll find adequate accommodations, too, along with good food.

South of Hwy215 on the parkway, around MM430, will be the high point of the ParkwAY. It's the place to have your picture taken with your bike in front of the monument.

Speaking of Mtns. Make sure you go to Mt. Mitchell north of Asheville. It's a must. Good hike to the top, but it's not that far! And, great views. Just wish for good weather. Mt. Mitchell is the highest point east of the Mississippi.

Have great rides!

When you ride north out of Charleston, take Hwy 17 N and make sure you stop down on Front St. in Georgetown, SC.

Back