• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rallye 3 cleaning

JOHNR100RS

BMWOA ABC
What is the best way to clean a Rallye 3 suit . I ended up shrinking my 'stitch in the washing machine,I don't want that to happen to the Rallye 3 .

Simple....

I simply wash mine in cold water in the washer - after I removing all the pads.
No issues and have washed 3 times.
I do not use much soap...very small amount of a light detergent
I run on the GENTLE cycle and do not wash underwear with it.....it gets stuck in Velcro
:dance

Nikwax Techwash in cold water. Either air dry or use the "ultra low" heat setting on the dryer.

Getting a raincoat type of fabric nice and hot in the dryer will help to ractivate your DWR coating on the outside of your jacket.

If you shrink your nylon/ cordura jacket in the dryer you are some kind of special. Cotton is what you have to worry about with that. I am 6'5" and can't put any cotton on any kind of heat or it won't fit. Couple times a year I hot spin my ski/ snow/ rain /mc jackets and watch the water roll. ( sometimes you need to reapply said DWR coating as well. )

Back