Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Riding Suit: Light at the end of the tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by walterK75 View Post
    Take into account these suits will shrink when washed although I'm not sure as to the percentage.
    I'd be interested to hear about your experience with synthetic fibre clothing shrinking. I've only come across that with natural fibres like cotton that have an open cellular structure. Long-strand polymer synthetic fibres are usually very dimensionally stable.

If the shell of a synthetic fibre jacket or pants with a waterproof laminate membrane shrank, there would be serious problems with wrinkling or delamination. I've never heard of that happening.
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

Ed Kilner #176066
    Quote Originally Posted by 39520 View Post
    I talked to Christine on the phone at least twice about sizing. When the suit arrived, it fit perfectly, and I am 101% happy with it.
    It was Christine i spoke to and who explained the process. Very pleasant and helpful lady.

Trial suit is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, Friday, which is quicker than Monday, as was originally suggested, but unless it comes very early in the day, not a significant impact on final solution.

I am looking forward to it, of course.
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

I'd be interested to hear about your experience with synthetic fibre clothing shrinking.

Brother-in-law told me his Aerostich suit shrank a bit when washed. I have no personal experience of this. He never said anything about delamination or wrinkling.
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by walterK75 View Post
    Brother-in-law told me his Aerostich suit shrank a bit when washed. I have no personal experience of this. He never said anything about delamination or wrinkling.
    That's unusual.

I had a Darien jacket / pants combo and had no such problem with that outfit or other brands (including BMW) I've owned. Friends with Aerostich gear haven't mentioned it either. Was his the "Falstaff" jacket with the cotton shell? That might account for it.
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

I love my Stich stuff and love to talk to Christine. I have been wearing their stuff since 1999. I do wear a 2 piece for the fact that I am a bit oddly shaped and make sure that the pants fit and the jacket, in different sizes.

I thought I was in the market for the Transit suit and talked to Christine... after talking with her for a while we came to the conclusion that my style riding, the purpose and how I like my gear to fit would NOT translate into a Transit suit. Talk about saving money. It was more important to her for me to be happy than for her to make a sale. I have no clue where you find that anywhere these days.
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    8 year old Darien jacket and pants and went down a couple years ago, broke leg and now have a plate in the right leg. Darien was barely scratched but did have to wash it!
    Wore it last weekend in complete comfort. Great product and great people to work with!

'02 R1150RT