• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

cgavt01

Would like to introduce myself and say hi. My name is Jon. I just purchased a 2002 BMW K1200LTC. Not my first bike....I started off in 1995 with a 1979 Kawasaki KZ400. I paid $400 for it but got about 40000 miles of riding out of it! Ended up giving it away after I joined the military and didnt have time to ride it anymore. In 2008 I bought my second bike, a 1999 Ducati 900 SS, which I currently still have. Its a GREAT bike...for about an hour, then its time to take a break. I wanted a bike I could go long distance on. The BMW is what I found. I was torn between this and a Gold Wing, but couldnt find one in my price range. I have a few tech questions about the bike and Im hoping this forum will help me out. I look forward to meeting you all!

Jon

Welcome to the forum Jon. Looks like your up and running just fine. Any questions, just ask. Gary

Enjoy the LT. I had one for 11 years and it was a fantastic bike for long distance touring...especially 2 up or loaded down with camping gear and a guitar!

Welcome to the forum!:)

CCR plug

Hi Jon. Welcome! I've been riding an LT for 6 seasons and try to do all my own maintenance. Ask any questions you my have in the K-bike section. I'll be looking for them there!
The LT riders have a yearly gathering called The Curve Cowboy Reunion (CCR). This year we'll be converging on Duluth, MN. If there's ever a time and place to meet LT owners and learn from them, it's there.

Hope to see ya around,
Jer

Hi Jon. Welcome! I've been riding an LT for 6 seasons and try to do all my own maintenance. Ask any questions you my have in the K-bike section. I'll be looking for them there!
The LT riders have a yearly gathering called The Curve Cowboy Reunion (CCR). This year we'll be converging on Duluth, MN. If there's ever a time and place to meet LT owners and learn from them, it's there.

Hope to see ya around,
Jer

I have questions! HOWEVER....the forum is not letting me post things in the "K-bike" section. I keep getting a error message. Im waiting on the administrator to help me fix this.
Looking for infor on synthetic v.s. non-synthetic oils (engine/final drive/transmission) Which one to use?
Please help if able.
Thanks!
Jon

Jon,

Use the search forum feature on the top right of your screen. There have been several discussions on which oil to use and this should give you plenty to read. Unfortunately, I don't have info to share on that topic.

Back