• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mushy suspension

john1691

I sold my '05 K1200S and purchased a '06 K1200GT in favor of the more upright riding position due to chronic neck pain. The bike I bought seems to have a very soft suspension, regardless of the ESA position. I feel the suspension move from the rider, rider with bags and rider/passenger settings, but it doesn't seem to tighten up in the sport mode. Is this just a differance from the "S" to "GT", or should I be looking at a service?

Seeing no other replies after a couple days....I am guessing that somehow your damping control circuit is shot. You should have a noticable difference between Sport, normal and Comfort settings in any spring preload position. Sounds like you need to track down a fuse or whatever we have now days, or more likely, a trip to the dealer?

No fuses on the bike

If you got a GS-911 you could check codes else you'll need the dealer to look at

Back