• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BEWARE GTL Problems !!

A tip from a recently retired exec who is very familiar with how modern corporate "customer service" operations work.

Most firms see them as useful for marketing info. They rarely report to any part of the Operations / Production piece of an organzation so are in no position to get anything specifric done on their own authority. Virtually always, its "pass it on e responsible party" in another divsion where customer service is the lowest tihng on their daily list....

In short, you're pretty well wasting your time talking to any Customer Service group and if you want to find out the probability of them doing anything useful, find out how close they are to the Operations branch of the firm rather than Marketing.....

Probably good advice and accurate comments. And how do they relate to the GT/GTL problems/reliability?

2013 1/2 model

May I resurect this thread? What was the final outcome of your situation? Did you flip them the bird and go get a Gold Wing or are you now back in the Beemer saddle?

I'd sure like to know since I'm thinking of getting a 2013 GTL...

Brian bmw has made two bikes for 2013 the earlier model has different passenger hand rails, different software and the location of the fog lights were changed a little. Also they put an engine guard on. So ask for the 2013 1/2 model.

Brian bmw has made two bikes for 2013 the earlier model has different passenger hand rails, different software and the location of the fog lights were changed a little. Also they put an engine guard on. So ask for the 2013 1/2 model.

Good to know, thanks. Come to think of it, I've seen some of the earlier 13's and the fog lights are mounted on the same ugly bar mounts sticking out from the fairing like they were an afterthought. The later versions have the same lights but they're mounted as a more intergrated part of the fairing and has a shroud over them. I think it looks a lot better.

Back