• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding the Back Roads of the Arkansas 500

dadayama

Went to the Arkansas 500 Dual-Sport Ride last weekend... Was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!

Changed the tires on my F650GS twin and headed out...

There were a couple of big 1200 GS's and G650GS's....

One fellow on a 1200 GS a vet from Arkansas was one riding MO-FO... that dude could ride those dirt roads like he was a little bitty dirt bike...

Anyway... There were a lot of street legal dirt bikes and a few KLRs... but the whole event was open to all and fun as can be... the slow folks road with the slow group and the fast crazy KTM guys rode with the fast group... I was the only one on a Twin Motor GS... and an F650 to boot... but i kept up with the big boys on dirt bikes and earned my wings...

Fully recommend it for next year... The organizer couldn't have been a nicer guy.... I have a video and some pics... i didn't take many pics of the rough stuff because i was holding on for dear life... kept the shiny side up the whole time... My GoPro ran out of juice but have already figured out how to keep everything charged up for the next time... or i would have some really, really awesome video... any way... here you go!

Arkansas 500 Video

Pete in OKC, OK

Back